Help! Drive Caddy and SATA cable missing from my ACER NITRO 5 (MODEL : AN515-51-56U0 ) U.S

Options
rschaaf
rschaaf Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought this laptop with the 256Gb M.2 SSD on board expecting to later expand my memory with a 500GB ssd. and when I opened up the computer today, there was no ssd caddy/bracket or a SATA cable to connect to! I looked online to find people had similar problems and were sent a replacement in the mail. I called Acer support and was told I could not receive the part at all because I bought the laptop last year and the warranty had run out. How is this a warranty issue, the part was never included in the laptop in the first place? I tried submitting a request in "https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533520/how-to-get-the-hdd-caddy-and-sata-cable-to-install-a-second-drive-in-my-predator-helios-300" but was denied because I had a different model number than the predator helios (the forums stated the parts were interchangeable.)
I'm at my wit's end. The parts on ebay are incredibly expensive (if they are even the right ones), but it seems like people were given them for free earlier because they spotted the problem? 

Answers