Acer Advanced touchpad not working

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>> or give us option to roll back to previous BIOS version .>>>

Does this mean you also updated the BIOS firmware to v1.37? If yes, what problem (other than advanced touchpad) did you think v1.37 would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan
    Dastaan Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Options
    No, i didn't updated it but that i3-processor motherboard wasn't updated to 1.37. As far i can think lackE that my motherboard isn't updated correctly to 1.37 ( By Acer service center ). ( I m sure about it ) .
  • JackE
    Options

If the BIOS firmware version was the same (and NOT code modified by a third party) in both the i3 and i5 mainboards---And if the i3 mainboard still resolves the issue but the i5 mainboard does NOT---Then one of the following is probably true.

(1) The i5 mainboard is defective.

(2) Your original machine was equipped with an i3 mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

Options
    Nope as i told u before my motherboard is replaced two times before and the both i5 motherboards are having same problem and there is less probability that both of them r defected and having same touchpad defect
  • JackE
    Options
    Then, if the i3 mainboard with the same BIOS firmware as the i5 still resolves the touchpad issue, what would you conclude is a more probable explanation for the i5 board failures? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

Options
    As far i can think bios isn't installed correctly . So i m suggesting that we should try rolling back BIOS to previous version or the first BIOS version to update it sequentially and see if it works . I m 100% sure its BIOS that is making problem .
  • JackE
    Options

I asked you earlier if you updated the BIOS to v1.37 on the i5 mainboards.

Your answer >>>No, i didn't updated it but that i3-processor motherboard wasn't updated to 1.37. As far i can think lackE that my motherboard isn't updated correctly to 1.37 ( By Acer service center ). ( I m sure about it ) . >>>

Then the conclusion must be that the i5 mainboards are defective due to incorrectly-installed v1.37 updates.  As far as I know firmware rollbacks are neither currently available nor likely to be so in the foreseeable future. So I can only suggest that you ask the service center to replace the cpu in the i3 mainboard with an i5 so you have an i5 mainboard with the original BIOS firmware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

Options
    My warranty is expired so i m not able to . Is there anything u can do from ur side ?
  • JackE
    Options
    At the moment, the only possibility is trying to flash the BIOS. But this carries a ***HUGE*** risk of bricking the mainboard. If it were my machine, I wouldn't risk a flash hoping the solve what basically amounts to a touchpad annoyance. While BIOS updates are not as risky, they too can result in bricking if incorrectly installed or fail. That's why update downloads all come with a big warning. As far as I'm concerned, they should NEVER be applied unless one knows with 100% certainty that the update specifically addresses a major problem, not an annoyance. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

Options
    Yeah that is not that big problem so better to not take risk . 
    Thanks Jack E/Nj .
  • sarcela
    sarcela Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2018
    Options
    i found the solution, you have to install the Serial IO Driver from intel, you can find it in the drivers downloads from your acer model.
    with [advanced] touchpad mode in your bios.