Acer Advanced touchpad not working

Dastaan
Dastaan Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer,
I have acer e5-573 notebook nd due to some faults in my notebook , motherboard was changed ( By Acer Service center ) after replacing my motherboard my touchpad stopped working . Its work fine in basic mode but not in Advanced mode . I tried to contact Service center and u wouldn't believe they refuse to take this as problem . I love acer product but please hire good technical capable peoples.
It has been 2 years . And it is not a problem of O.S . I shifted to any other operating system to make it work but it doesn't worked. ( I m a soft Engg ) and I m so confident that problem is in BIOS and need an update . Please provide update and Assistance.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings( click F2 as soon as you click the Power button), go to Main tab, move to Touchpad and click, if it shows as Basic mode switch to Advanced and see whether it helps.

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

No it is not working . I updated my Elantech now nd updated my windows as well but no Luck . I pressed key fn + f7 but no touch pad. i switched to advance no luck.
  • Dastaan

Tinkerer

And one more thing in device manager it shows error in HID-I2C
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Uninstall HID-12C driver. Exit Device Manager. Then shutdown and cold boot to allow Windows to re-detect and re-install the driver. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

No success till now .
  • Dastaan

Tinkerer

Please provide new BIOS update
  • JackE
    Does that mean it still doesn't work properly? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

NO still not working . I tried ur solution but no success
  • JackE

Does Device Manager still show a  HID-12C driver error? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • JackE

>>>And it is not a problem of O.S . I shifted to any other operating system >>>

What was the original factory-installed OS on the HDD? What OS is on it now? What OSs have you tried to put on it and how did you install them? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

Let me tell u something more clarifying ----- My laptop's motherboard was changed because one of USB 3.1 jack was not working in this time period Touchpad was working quite good and when they replaced it with other Motherboard it stopped working and there were also much problem with that motherboard so it was again got changed ----- With i3 processor Motherboard ( Mine was i5 ) that time touchpad started to work again . When i find out that processor is different it got changed with i5 .which is i m using right now. And touchpad is not working now .
    Conclusion ----- Something fishy about Motherboard ( ------------->>>> BIOS ) . That why i m demanding of bios update .
  • Dastaan

Tinkerer

greater than 1.37 ( Which is available )
  • JackE
    That's also the latest update I can only get. What was the original factory installed operating system on the hard drive? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

linux ( with no GUI )
  • JackE

Linux prompt doesn't seem to be a factory-installed for this model. (1) From what vendor did you purchase this system?  (2) Was prompt special-ordered by you? (3) What is the name and location of the ACER Service Center that replaced your mainboards and CPUs? Jack E/NJ
    E

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

(1.) Purchased from flipkart . (2.) don't know, there was offer (3.) Acer service center -- Patiala ,Punjab 147001
  • Dastaan

Tinkerer

Every thing was great before changing motherboard ( Using windows )
  • JackE

(1) Do you mean it was sold as dual boot Linux prompt and Windows? (2)  If yes, what Windows version?  (3) Is the hard drive original? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastaan

Tinkerer

(1.) Not dual boot . i installed windows back then (2.) 10 (3) Yes.
    I told u back then that if i will replace my motherboard with i3 motherboard it will start working but the scene is there is a conflict between O.S (Both linux and Windows ) and Acer BIOS configuration . If u can please ask acer coding team to look over conflict issue and fix that bug or give us option to roll back to previous BIOS version . I m requesting u lackE by doing chats nothing gonna happen its a problem of conflict nd only Coders can resolve this issue