Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51G) new laptop startup is slow.

13»

Answers

• Lusca
    Lusca Member Posts: 1 New User
    ESPranav said:
    I'm facing the exact same issue but unlike others this started after i updated by bios to v1.15(latest as per acer website).
    Before that boot time were under a minute.
    :(
    Were you able to solve this? I have the same problem :(
  • ESPranav
    ESPranav Member Posts: 2 New User
    Lusca said:
    ESPranav said:
    I'm facing the exact same issue but unlike others this started after i updated by bios to v1.15(latest as per acer website).
    Before that boot time were under a minute.
    :(
    Were you able to solve this? I have the same problem :(
    Nope.
    I will try to clean install windows some time later and hope it resolves the issue.
    Until then we are stuck till another bios update solves this irritating issue.
  • the7bulk
    the7bulk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did anyone solve this? 
    I even updated to newest bios (v.1.16) and still the same. Disabling /enabling fast boot in windows didn't help. No AV installed.  I have a other old HP laptop with i3 5010u and just integrated graphics and it boots faster than this. Something is seriously wrong here.
  • the7bulk
    the7bulk Member Posts: 2 New User
    It sorta went away after downloading latest nvidia drivers directly from nvidia website. During restart it still takes ages to boot but it is somewhat better now during regular turning on so if anyone wants to try that go ahead.
  • Milad_tkh
    Milad_tkh Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

i have the same issue and it takes too long to boot after turning on and restarting
    any one has a suggestion?
  • Milad_tkh
    Milad_tkh Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

any one has a suggestion?
  • Remyna
    Remyna Member Posts: 1 New User
    I agree that you must first delete all traces of 3rd party Virus/Malware software. I used "Revo Uninstaller Pro", as it can delete all traces. Next you must update every hardware driver for the laptop, using the official Intel Driver Updater. Also make sure that the integrated graphics chip, HD 620 driver, is fully updated. Lastly, make sure you have the most recent Windows 10 update. I did all these things, and the laptop operates relatively faster and smoother.
  • dekac
    dekac Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dear All,

Unfortunately, i realised, that i have same issue.

After upgrading my V5-591G-55DT bios to v1.15  from the acer website, my notebook became very slow in boot period. If i turn on, i see the green acer logo for 1-2 minutes and after will start to load windows.

The notebook is also slow in turn off period. When i shudown the windows, the screen go black, and the machine continues to run for 1-2 minutes. The keyboard light is on and the CPU fan is also working.

Why doesn't the hardware turn off when windows has shutdown?

I tried the followings, no success:
    • I clear the bios (also without battery).
    • I checked the memory modules.
    • I reinstall the system.
    • I update all drivers with a third-party driver updater tool.
    • I try to disable and enable fast boot.
    • I checked my m.2 SSD.
    • I replaced the charger.

Have anyone any idea about this thing?
    Is it possible to downgrade BIOS?
    Is it possible to change BIOS chip?
    Is it possible to reFirmware the notebook?

Thanks!

• Exynos_
    Exynos_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    have anyone one of you found the solution? 
  • TuzE15
    TuzE15 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue for my laptop. Aspire E15 E5-576G-S0EN. Too slow. Boot up takes 5 minutes or more. Clicking on any app takes forever. This is using i5 8th Gen. Something very wrong with this laptop.
  • @TuzE15 Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TuzE15
    @TuzE15 Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

@egydiocoelho: Thank you. I added to the post because my issue was the same.
  • TuzE15
    TuzE15 said:
    Same issue for my laptop. Aspire E15 E5-576G-S0EN. Too slow. Boot up takes 5 minutes or more. Clicking on any app takes forever. This is using i5 8th Gen. Something very wrong with this laptop.
    In case it helps the next person with the same issue, my laptop seemed to have improved a bit.

Initial condition:
    - Cold bootup takes 2 to 3 minutes to the Windows login. Another minute to login. This is the normal boot. It took 10 minutes or so in some cases.
    - Any application takes 15 seconds or more to respond after click. Very slow. Annoying. Click to open another tab in Firefox takes 20 seconds! Not good.

Below are my actions based on what I read here and some from past experience (I'm a veteran IT guy, built my own PCs in the past. But have not been doing much Windows optimization for a long time - my regular computer is an old iMac, my work laptop is a Lenovo and can not be touched anyway due to corporate build constraints):

1. I updated the firmware (via Device Manager). The update worked fine with a restart. Took about 10 minutes.
    2. I tried to update the Graphics drivers but Windows reported that both drivers have the latest drivers. No luck there.
    3. Updated Windows 10 to the 2004 version. It took around an hour just to get it to proceed. Tons of retries till it says it is downloading. The actual install took overnight. Windows 10 does not give the option to see the actual details so it's a bit unsettling. Changed my laptop sleep setting to never to ensure it finished overnight.
    4. Woke up and saw laptop already restarted. Did basic checks. Looked good. Better than before but still sluggish. Keep getting the annoying "Acer Ending support site" notification.
    5. Went to Settings and looked at notifications. Saw that it was "On" for all apps. I turned it off for all. And voila! Laptop works much better now. Logged out and logged it with no extended delay (15 seconds faster). Clicked Firefox, opened in 5 seconds. Another tab, 2 seconds.

It looks like the Notification is the root cause. Or maybe the Windows update did something. Or the firmware. It's still a good outcome for now.

Next action is to install an M.2 SSD. Looks easy enough. Wish me luck.

HTH,
    Titus
  • Purnama
    Purnama Member Posts: 1 New User
    I agree, I have aspire 5 a514-52g pretty recently and it lags a LOT. Not only on startup but using on daily basis as well. Opening Chrome, Ms. Word, and Google Earth at the same time is very laggy. For this spec, I don't expect this laptop to be this slow.

After I read several things (I am not IT guy btw) I did this following things and I believe things are improving:

1. I turned off Windows 10 notification
    Open Settings > System > Notifications & Actions> Turn off "Get notifications from apps and other senders"

I think this option is a no-brainer for me as I don't use any of those apps features. And also when I plug my headset, it doesn't ask the same thing over and over again.

2. I install 3rd party Antivirus
    I have doubt this improve much of the performance though. But I read so many thread saying that Windows Defender consume a lot of disk and memory.

3. Turning on NVIDIA  MX 250 all the time
    I think what improve my laptop performance by huge margin is this point.
    Go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings> Preferred Graphic Processor>Choose High-Performance NVIDIA Processor

So yeah, I hope this helps. I haven't upgraded any of my hardware btw. Good luck!