Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51G) new laptop startup is slow.

Options

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    OK, you are trying to do a clean install, you don't need to go to Diskpart at all, you need to prepare your installation disk(USB) with Windows Media creation tool, then install the SSD, insert the USB installation disk, go to BIOS and make the USB disk as your first boot drive, save settings by pressing F10.
    Please read this tutorial for more information:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
  • Japa182440
    Japa182440 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    I continue with the same error
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    Try using AOMEI Partition Assistant or Minitool Partition wizard to delete the drive and convert it to GPT as described in this link:https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/windows-wont-install-on-ssd-4348i.html
    You need to have access for another PC and be able to connect the drive as an external drive.
  • Japa18244
    Japa18244 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/536814/hard-drive-install-for-a515-51g-515j

I have this same problem, but here in Brazil they do not send the parts for us to change, what can I do? Can I order the pieces from abroad?
  • Keshav
    Keshav Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    Options
    My acer aspire 5 a515-51g laptop is having slow start-up and at the boot screen it shows PXI-E61 - "Media Test Faliure, Check Cable"
    PXI-M0F - Exiting PXE Rom. 
    Please help me, i installed windows 10 pro on my laptop as it came with linux but i replaced it with windows 10 pro, it is slow on start-up and even when it boots up, when i open something, like my computer, it takes time to open it as well, my bios version is 1.12. please help me. I have 1tb wd hdd pre-installed on it.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Keshav said:
    My acer aspire 5 a515-51g laptop is having slow start-up and at the boot screen it shows PXI-E61 - "Media Test Faliure, Check Cable"
    Please help me, i installed windows 10 pro on my laptop as it came with linux but i replaced it with windows 10 pro, it is slow on start-up and even when it boots up, when i open something, like my computer, it takes time to open it as well, my bios version is 1.12. please help me. I have 1tb wd hdd pre-installed on it.

Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings( press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Boot tab and check whether your HDD is the first boot option.
  • Keshav

Tinkerer

Options
    Keshav said:

Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings( press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Boot tab and check whether your HDD is the first boot option.
    It is the first boot device.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:

Hi,

Hi,
    Go to Power options(right click the battery icon), click "choose what the power buttons do" at the next windows, click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and check whether Fast startup is enabled, if not enable it.
    You could also disable Startup items in Task manager.
    Go to Task manager( Ctrl+Shift+Esc), go to startup tab and disable them.

• Keshav

Tinkerer

Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:

Hi,

Hi,
    Go to Power options(right click the battery icon), click "choose what the power buttons do" at the next windows, click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and check whether Fast startup is enabled, if not enable it.

Already did everything.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Create Windows 10 Bootable USB drive and perform a repair install, please choose the option to keep your Data and settings, if you want use a recovery program to backup your important data to another drive.
    Follow the instructions in this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
  • Keshav

Tinkerer

Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:

Hi,

Hi,

Already did
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I think you have to install a m.2 SSD, transfer your OS to it and use the HDD for storage, another thing to consider is to swap the current HDD with a 2.5" SSD, I think the spinner drive is the bottleneck.
  • Imageartifact
    Imageartifact Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problems as described above here with an A 517-51
    bottom line here is that there is s definate issue with these computers!!!     As a consumer I shouldn’t have to re install and reconfigure my system upon delivery!!!!   It should work out of the box!!!!!!    Piss poor product QA going on here folks, and an SSD vs Hdd does not make a 3.5 minute boot time difference!!!!!   Not even on my core 2 duo with Windows 10
  • Keshav

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Options
    bottom line here is that there is s definate issue with these computers!!!     As a consumer I shouldn’t have to re install and reconfigure my system upon delivery!!!!   It should work out of the box!!!!!!    ***** poor product QA going on here folks, and an SSD vs Hdd does not make a 3.5 minute boot time difference!!!!!   Not even on my core 2 duo with Windows 10
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Please resolve this, with a software update or replace our models as they shouldn't have any issue out of the box or need the user to change an internal part for it to work properly.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Keshav said:
    bottom line here is that there is s definate issue with these computers!!!     As a consumer I shouldn’t have to re install and reconfigure my system upon delivery!!!!   It should work out of the box!!!!!!    ***** poor product QA going on here folks, and an SSD vs Hdd does not make a 3.5 minute boot time difference!!!!!   Not even on my core 2 duo with Windows 10
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Please resolve this, with a software update or replace our models as they shouldn't have any issue out of the box or need the user to change an internal part for it to work properly.
    Hi,
    Do you have any third party AV programs installed by any chance, may be a trial version, if you have, please uninstall with their removal tool, normally Norton and MacAfee have their own removal tool.
    BTW, I don't work for Acer but a user of their laptops for many years and help fellow members here in this community. 
  • Keshav

Tinkerer

Options
    Keshav said:
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Do you have any third party AV programs installed by any chance, may be a trial version, if you have, please uninstall with their removal tool, normally Norton and MacAfee have their own removal tool.
    BTW, I don't work for Acer but a user of their laptops for many years and help fellow members here in this community. 
    Yes i do have a third party antivirus and that is a genuine full version kf quick heal antivirus pro 2018.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Yes i do have a third party antivirus and that is a genuine full version kf quick heal antivirus pro 2018.
    Hi,
    Try removing with their removal tool and see whether it helps, you will be immediately protected by Windows Defender, if that doesn't help at all, you can reinstall the program.
    http://www.quickheal.com/prod-rem

• Keshav

Tinkerer

Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Hi,
    Try removing with their removal tool and see whether it helps, you will be immediately protected by Windows Defender, if that doesn't help at all, you can reinstall the program.

I installed it after a month of using the laptop with windows defender, and it didn't make a. Different.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:
    Keshav said:
    Exactly.
    @Acer-Fletcher
    @IronFly
    @brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Hi,

I installed it after a month of using the laptop with windows defender, and it didn't make a. Different.
    Hi,
    Sorry, I have run out of ideas but please wait for someone else help you.
  • ESPranav
    ESPranav Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm facing the exact same issue but unlike others this started after i updated by bios to v1.15(latest as per acer website).
    Before that boot time were under a minute.
    :(