Aspire R14 - white/blue vertical stripes when I open the laptop screen from sleep mode - windows 10

2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

ammarfalih wrote:

My R13 is experiencing the same problem, I Rolled-Back like this:

Windows->This PC (Right Click)->properties->Device Manager->Display Adapters->Intel HD->Driver->Roll Back

I am now trying to check if the problem is resolved.

Hi,

In addition, disable windows updating VGA driver automatically.

Control Panel(type at start)-> System and Security-> System-> Advanced System settings(in the left pane), go to Hardware tab, click Device Installation setting, select "No" radio button at the next window, click Apply and OK.

• ammarfalih
    ammarfalih Member Posts: 2 New User
    The problem has been resolved for me.. Driver Roll back works.
  • Reller
    Reller Member Posts: 4 New User
    Driver rollback did not work for me, rather, the time before it all goes matrix-y has shortened. In fact there no longer seems to be any colors now just a slow fade to black. So, maybe not the sure fix? And this was definitely the same (looking) problem. Screens shots posted by DonnieBear were exactly what I had at one point.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Reller said:
    Driver rollback did not work for me, rather, the time before it all goes matrix-y has shortened. In fact there no longer seems to be any colors now just a slow fade to black. So, maybe not the sure fix? And this was definitely the same (looking) problem. Screens shots posted by DonnieBear were exactly what I had at one point.

Hi,
    If the driver rollback didn't work for you, go to Acer site and download the driver, install it after uninstalling current driver, in addition, you need to disable Windows OS updating the drivers.
    Type " Device Installation settings" at start, click No radio button and save changes.
  • rubberdust
    rubberdust Member Posts: 1 New User
    My R 14 began doing this a couple months ago seemed like a completely random issue but in the last couple days it started doing it repeatedly while I was working on it. Probably going to go rent a kid as the last time I messed with uninstalling drivers resulted in my buying this laptop
  • Reller
    OK, did the uninstall now the machine says:
    'This computer does not meet the minimum requirements or installing the software.' When I attempt to reinstall from Acer.
    So, now I am further back than when I started. Swell.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    @Reller
    If you have R5-471, then try to manually install the latest Intel HD 520 graphics driver for your computer.  It's compatible with fall creators.  If you have trouble, let me know and I'll give you an alternate manual installation method (the have disk method).
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355

Edit: ok, the link below is the alternate manual driver installation method (the have disk method) 

http://plugable.com/2014/12/03/how-to-manually-update-windows-intel-hd-graphics-drivers/
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Reller
    Multiple attempts to install/reinstall. Not resolved.
    Although the Driver Update really wasn't ever able to find the file file when attempting the 'have disk method'.
    Not sure what to think about that.
    Back to getting the yellow green screen (as captured above in thread) upon awakening.
    Willing to keep trying things. Am currently wired out the HDMI port to another monitor.
    Limping through the semester with a laptop that's not really too portable ATM.
    I appreciate the advice.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Ok, but I gave you two different methods to manually install the lastest driver from Intel.  I'm not completely sure which method that you tried.  They are similar, but not the same.  Don't forget that you must extract/unzip the zip file before you begin (right click on the downloaded zip file and then select "extract all".

Method 1:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Method 2:

http://plugable.com/2014/12/03/how-to-manually-update-windows-intel-hd-graphics-drivers/

The driver is in link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355

Method 3:

1. Download the zip file

2.  After you download it, then right click on it and select "extract all"

3.  Navigate to the extracted folder and double click "igxpin"

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Reller said:
    Multiple attempts to install/reinstall. Not resolved.
    Although the Driver Update really wasn't ever able to find the file file when attempting the 'have disk method'.
    Not sure what to think about that.
    Back to getting the yellow green screen (as captured above in thread) upon awakening.
    Willing to keep trying things. Am currently wired out the HDMI port to another monitor.
    Limping through the semester with a laptop that's not really too portable ATM.
    I appreciate the advice.
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, uninstall the Display adapter driver, reboot and see whether the laptop uses "Microsoft basic display adapter", if it is, uninstall it and reboot, now try to install the driver as JordanB  posted above.
  • mt98
    mt98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue for several days. 
    As of today, I get nothing on the screen.  Just black.  But I can hear the computer fan running.  I also bought a HDMI cable and hooked that up to my computer and an extra monitor but nothing showed there. I have let the computer sit all night, unplugged, so the battery would run down.  I've plugged it in all day so it would be charged up completely.  Just don't know what to do!  I'm thinking it's time to open the unit up but have never done this before.  I'm a little scared!
  • kingkhan
    kingkhan Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

mt98 said:
    I had the same issue for several days. 
    As of today, I get nothing on the screen.  Just black.  But I can hear the computer fan running.  I also bought a HDMI cable and hooked that up to my computer and an extra monitor but nothing showed there. I have let the computer sit all night, unplugged, so the battery would run down.  I've plugged it in all day so it would be charged up completely.  Just don't know what to do!  I'm thinking it's time to open the unit up but have never done this before.  I'm a little scared!
    You probably have the same issue that I did with the bios updating itself through windows update. Go to the recover bios thread, for the solution. I just did mine today and was able to recover my laptop
  • Kaisdaddy
    Kaisdaddy Member Posts: 1 New User
    I rolled back once and it worked. Now the same ***** is back and I CAN'T rollback now. HOW DO I FIX THIS!!!!!