Considering purchasing Predator 17 G9-793-79V5, but concerned about temperatures

Options
2»

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I am just using an ordinary laptop with intel HD graphics only. I am watching reviews of other laptops and will see what I am going to buy. Now I have seen 3 brands, which I will more likely pass. Lenovo, Alienware and Asus. Asus are not bad but under stress test the temperatures go even worse than the predator, which wouldn't be the same while gaming, but will start overheating even while playing games in the future. MSI GT73 is a solid, cool machine, CPU 7820hk reaches 90C with a clock speed of 4GHz under stress test. But it is not available in my country. But the material it is made of looks kind of cheap. Many people complain about their customer service being bad.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• dwfloydian
    dwfloydian Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Options

I take it that a desktop gaming machine is out of the question for you?

Have you considered Gigabyte?

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I have considered them too, but again their laptops are not available in my country.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• chunkdit
    chunkdit Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Quite sad to be honest, talking about alternatives in the Acer forum. The laptop makes so much fun, when it runs smoothly. I will call the customer support within the next couple of minutes. How did you get your refund? You bought it directly via Acer? I bought mine at a local retail store.