Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire v5-531: how turn on keyboard backlight?

Hi!
I'm replaced keyboard on keyboard with backlight, but backlight doesn't work. I'm using Linux Mint 18 / Windows 10. Help me pls.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,013ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you tried pressing Fn+F9 button together or Fn+ any button with a flashing letter A like in the snip below.

PIC_2105.JPG

• ArcudaArcuda Posts: 5Member
    Hi. Thx for answer, I tried pressed Fn+F9 and Fn+"+", but nothing not happening...

Hi,

Normally it should work once you press any button, you could check the connection cable installation, it may not be making the proper contact.

All keys work fine and all combinations Fn+F1...F12 work fine, but combination Fn+F9 aka keyboard backlight don't work. Cable also connected fine. May be something else? May be V5-531 don't support keyboard backlight, but when why exist сonnector for backlight?

photo_2017-05-19_22-29-59.jpg

Hi,

It could have been disabled in BIOS but I am not sure, sorry, I have run out of ideas, please wait for someone else to post a solution for you.

Anyway thanks for your a solutions. May be somebody help me with my problem, i hope.

• JackEJackE Posts: 15,455ACE Trailblazer

There should be 2 cables from the KB to the mainboard. One being a smaller connector for the backlight. Jack E/NJ 

Hi. Yes, is it true. I'm early sended photo where was connected to two cable, message #5, and how i told all key and combinations key Fn+F1...F12 works perfectly, but combination Fn+F9 aka turn on/off keyboard backlight don't work.

• JackEJackE Posts: 15,455ACE Trailblazer

>>>I'm replaced keyboard on keyboard with backlight, but backlight doesn't work.>>>

If the F9 key on the original keyboard doesn't have an additional function symbol, then the smaller connector on the mainboard likely does not support this function. Jack E/NJ