Acer Aspire v5-531: how turn on keyboard backlight?

Arcuda
Arcuda Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi!
I'm replaced keyboard on keyboard with backlight, but backlight doesn't work. I'm using Linux Mint 18 / Windows 10. Help me pls.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you tried pressing Fn+F9 button together or Fn+ any button with a flashing letter A like in the snip below.

PIC_2105.JPG

• Arcuda
    Hi. Thx for answer, I tried pressed Fn+F9 and Fn+"+", but nothing not happening...
  • brummyfan2

Hi,

Normally it should work once you press any button, you could check the connection cable installation, it may not be making the proper contact.

• Arcuda

All keys work fine and all combinations Fn+F1...F12 work fine, but combination Fn+F9 aka keyboard backlight don't work. Cable also connected fine. May be something else? May be V5-531 don't support keyboard backlight, but when why exist сonnector for backlight?

photo_2017-05-19_22-29-59.jpg

• brummyfan2

Hi,

It could have been disabled in BIOS but I am not sure, sorry, I have run out of ideas, please wait for someone else to post a solution for you.

• Arcuda

Anyway thanks for your a solutions. May be somebody help me with my problem, i hope.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

There should be 2 cables from the KB to the mainboard. One being a smaller connector for the backlight. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Arcuda

Hi. Yes, is it true. I'm early sended photo where was connected to two cable, message #5, and how i told all key and combinations key Fn+F1...F12 works perfectly, but combination Fn+F9 aka turn on/off keyboard backlight don't work.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>I'm replaced keyboard on keyboard with backlight, but backlight doesn't work.>>>

If the F9 key on the original keyboard doesn't have an additional function symbol, then the smaller connector on the mainboard likely does not support this function. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ