Predator 17 G9-793 cpu overheating?

Options
2»

Answers

• Uros
    Uros Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi flashridr first where are you from second i used undervolting by -0.120 and with help of msi afterburner i lowered the fps for wot before i had 120 fps nowe 80 game runs smooth setting on highest  still my temp are not higher than 85deg for cpu gpu bearly go higher than 60deg an i think those are normal temp for gamming but thats for world of tanks that i tested diferent game might have diferent values so i be glad for any comment and eksperience that you guys might have thx for replaxing and sorry for my not so good english 😁
  • CryptoPilot
    CryptoPilot Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I know this is super late, but for anyone who is still having this issue; I have the 17X BBL (7820HK GTX1080)
    I used Throttlestop to undervolt by -1.25 MV and my temps have stayed below 90 unless under EXTREME stress. I worry that even running it on 90C will shorten this laptops lifespan. It is very frustrating when you pay $2900 for a laptop and you have nothing but problems....grrr
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    90C is within spec for the CPU, you can look at repasting the CPU & GPU, although it may void warranty.  My own G9-793 with 7700HQ & GTX 1070 will push into the 90's if under extreme stress testing.  Under more realistic usage notebook is much cooler.  I've also used the MacBook Pro fro years and they used to run hotter than hades, with some exceeding 100C never had a CPU fail.

As long a the system isn't throttling I wouldn't be overly concerned, equally wise to ensure good airflow etc.

Q-6
  • Aivus
    Aivus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I would suggest repasting because stock paste is just a really bad one. After repasting and undervolting even during stress test cpu won't go over 90 C anymore.