Install Ubuntu for F5-573G-765C

Options
AcerMax
AcerMax Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I have issuse with installing Linux to F5-573G-765C model. Can we install ubuntu for this version? I am really frustrated

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you explain the issues?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

After installing you must create a rule by using "selecting an efi file as trusted" or so... .

Or just go on answering Ironfly's question.

• AcerMax
    Options

After installing It is not getting load with linux. I do not get a view to select operating system.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

Yes, that's it. You have to got to the Bios. Security>select efi file as tusted>klick through until for e.g. grub64 or so. you must give a name for this boot entry.  You cannot damage something here seriously. After you must save Bios settings and reboot and again to the Bios. Now you can choose the created "boot device!" or you just press F12 while booting and choose it.

It might have different names in your Bios because mine ist the one of 791.

If you're completly lost with that you could look for EFI und UEFI wikis in web. 

If you sometimes use the search function here ....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Dual-Boot-Ubuntu-Win10-Step-by-step-guide/m-p/430392#M580

the step by step guide is old. You just need to install for E.g. Ubuntu and do this things with Bios. All other things are outdated and not necessary. Drivers are working better. For my device sound ist only to the internal left.

• AcerMax
    Options

thanks it work fine. Sound and wifi both works fine.