Dual Boot Ubuntu-Win10 -Step-by-step guide

Options

Answers

• ptok
    ptok Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

g9-791 user here.

I've installed Ubuntu 16.04 as well.

I also have some problems with fan. After not very long time after startup it turns on loudly and stays on laud for no reason at all (well, 231 memory sector in EC is turn to 02), Bios 1.10. Suspening and resuming fixes that.

As for the wifi, I have to replace board.bin with diffrent one. I think that from Killer Drivers site will be ok (I don't remember I got mine from).

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/knowledge-base/17-linux/20-killer-wireless-ac-in-linux-ubuntu-debian

As it is stated on the site it must be placed in /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/

If that one won't work I will post mine board.bin somewhere.

Unfortunately I couldn't do anything with sound. ALSA treats subwoofer as right speaker.  

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

Thanks for your post. I already tried something with the wlan, but it didn't work.

But Fans stop crying after installation NVidia driver under Additional Drivers and I installed the Prozessor Driver as well.

Update: yes I tried this link already, but I was not able perhabs.... Smiley Sad.

• beststevie
    Options

I don't know why, but after copying the bord.bin again to the mentioned  folder, wlan works. Great!

So, Sound problem is lefft.

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Sunrise Point-H HD Audio
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 32, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 144
        Region 0: Memory at 84620000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Region 4: Memory at 84610000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
            Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
        Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
            Address: 00000000fee003f8  Data: 0000
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

But at the moment, we can be satisfied. Other Skylake Notebook users don't even hear any sounds, because driver is not working at all. So it could be worse, it could rain.

Smiley Happy

steve

• beststevie
    Options

The Intel Aufio Dirver is taken and if I take this diver on Windows (it's called Intel Disply Audio Driver) it has the same effect, so that only one side of the speakers is used.

So I think there won't be a full working driver in future, because somebody must work on it, maybe for every special speaker configuration.

Smiley Sad

Update:

screen.jpg

But if you attach external speakers here, it's working in Stereo...

• ChevyCam94
    ChevyCam94 Member Posts: 178 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

When I tried to switch my BIOS to AHCI mode instead of RAID, after a reboot I was unable to get back into the BIOS, or even boot Windows.  I know I didnt install the AHCI drivers from Acer at the time, but I should STILL have been able to get into the BIOS, which wasnt happening.

What did you do that allowed you to get back into the BIOS (in case AHCI mode didnt work)?

• beststevie
    Options
    This error is only known, if you also switched to legacy instead of UEFI. If there are GPT initialized discs attached, it does not work any more until you put out the discs. Ubuntu Mate does not care if I switch to AHCI or Rad. For Windows you have to load the driver before you are able to boot with the other setting. I still didn't find a solution for the internal speakers (only left are working).
  • ChevyCam94
    ChevyCam94 Member Posts: 178 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    So to be clear, I want UEFI (not Legacy), and AHCI (only if the Windows AHCI driver is instated first)?

How do I confirm my AHCI driver is installed correctly?