Switch Alpha 12 rotate/auto-rotate problem - Acer or Intel program I uninstalled?

idontcareaboutt
idontcareaboutt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I bought a Switch Alpha 12 at my local Microcenter.  I got it home and started playing with it.  Getting a hold of Windows 10 privacy settings, installing apps and programs, and removing things I thought were extra.  At some point along the way, Windows updated (against my will I might add), and then I lost auto-rotate.  At the same time, the pen died.

I went to Microcenter, they had AAAA batteries, so that fixed the pen (died after 3 days? Really??), but even their tech support guy couldn't find the setting to re-enable auto-rotate.  He then offerend me a sawp.  I took him up on his offer, and had a new Switch Alpha 12.

I have not yet connected the new PC to the internet yet, but today I discovered that auto-rotate had died, and the setting is gone, again.  That rules out an update, and any additional software I loaded.  SO that means it broke on itself, or it was somethign I uninstalled.

I removed some Acer and some Intel programs.  There was an Acer app or program that appeared to have some auto-rotate functionality, some kind of config panel (I don't recall the name).  DOes anyone have any more infor on this?

I tried to do a factory restore, but there is no factory recovery partition or media, nor is there a factory System Restore point. -.- I mean, really?  I don't mind downloading and making a USB tool, but I really only need a program or setting restored.  The Acer Windows 10 thing talks about a Windows reinstall.  That's a different thing, and I don't think it will fix this problem.

*Update*

I contacted Acer chat support.  She wasn't able to tell me what software was responsible for the rotation, but pointed me to a download of one of the softwares I didn't have.

I also found a list of drivers, so I will see if any of them will fix it.

Answers

• idontcareaboutt
    idontcareaboutt Member Posts: 3 New User

Turns out that there is a setting to block sensors in Spybot Anti-Beacon.  Once I turned that off, it worked just fine.