Can I upgrade my old Acer Predator G3-605 computer?

Options
2»

Answers

• KrystianF0503
    KrystianF0503 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi guys, so I've also got an Acer Predator G3-605 and my specs are; Intel core I7 4790, Nvidia GTX745 4GB, 12GB DDR3, 1TB hard disk.I think all the motherboards for the G3-605 are all the same, yet there can be some differences in the gpu's and cpu's. I've recently given my old PC to my younger brother as a birthday gift as I don't use it anymore, he's obsessed with this game ARK Survival and I read up online that the recommended settings are a GTX1050 TI, I also read that the 1050 isn't compatible with the motherboard. do you guys think that the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 WF2 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E will 1, fit in the motherboard and 2, is there any good graphic cards you guys know of that are in the same price range of around £150 that will achieve 60FPS for that game.

Many thanks to you all,
    Krystian.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The G3-605 came originally with Windows 8 with an optional downgrade to Windows 7. That means it's an UEFI system so pretty much any of the newer GPUs will work fine, including the GTX 1050 ti. Check here for some of the upgrades users have been successful with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zane549
    Zane549 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey I have a predator g3-605 and I was wondering  if I could upgrade the GPU in it and if I could what are my choices  I don’t know the wattage but it has 8 gb of drr3 ram and a i7core4770
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Zane549 did you read the other posts? :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.