DTS HD Functionality Broken After Latest Android System Update

Options
2»

Answers

• TheSprunkGTA97
    TheSprunkGTA97 Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options
    hell yea Smiley Very Happy ,also fixing camera app would be nice (the camera app problem is: low fps when recording at night) with google camera app is okey but with this factory camera is not.
  • ronch
    ronch Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi folks. Any word on the aforementioned update to restore DTS HD functionality as well as restore proper loudspeaker volume? As mentioned earlier, loudspeaker amplitude has become significantly weaker. It's been a frustrating month of barely audible loudspeaker volume (most apparent with video playback, mp3 playback, games, and Viber voice calls... I guess anything that relies on media playback volume). Thank you and happy new year to all.
  • ronch
    ronch Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    BTW, even ring tones and message notifications sound weaker. I miss a lot of text messages and phone calls. I hope this gets fixed.
  • the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Options

As I mentioned in another thread.  I had a similar complaint initially, and here is how I solved the low volume issue at least.

Step 1- Go to Google Play store and install the Engineering Mode MTK Shortcut free app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Go.EngModeMtkShortcut&hl=en

Step 2- Launch it in order to enter engineer mode (MTK).

Step 3- Swipe towards right and go to hardware testing (tab titles on top).

Step 4- Select Audio option (first option).

Step 5- Go to LoudSpeaker mode (third option).

Step 6- In this, default value is 128 (at least on mine), change that value to 145 (or according to your requirements) and press set.

Step 7- Don’t exceed this value above 145 or 150 it may damage your speaker above that.

Step 8- Now close the engineer mode and check the volume of your device.You should feel the change in your audio.

Hope it helps while we wait for an official update Smiley Wink

Hope they also include the fix for the issue I reported, for the flipcover temperature which doesn't update also, in this next update.