Aspire Switch 10 no sound after clean windows install

PhoenixWRX
PhoenixWRX Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

I installed a clean version of windows 10 (not acer windows) a while back and since then hav never had sound come out of the speaker or headphone port. If I plug it into HDMI or use bluetooth speakers it works, but that is pretty rare that I do that and is certainly not practical.

The drivers are updated, ive tried reinstalling them, reformatting again with windows, playing with the bios but that is very limited with what you can do. I was going to try and reinstall the factory version of windows 8, but i cant figure out how exactly to do that.

If I go to playback devices, it thinks it is working. the sound bar changes when I play something but no sound.

it is intel sst audio device (WDM) if that helps.

do you have any ideas how I can resove these issues? 

Thanks

Best Answer

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

Answers

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

• Ketho
    Ketho Member Posts: 5 New User

It's the same problem as in this thread

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Switch-10-Win10-Audio-driver-not-working/m-p/430129

The drivers are not automatically installed, and the Windows 10 drivers on the driver page for SW5-011 don't even work

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

You need to use the Windows 8.1 drivers (Master Installer) instead

* Others_Acer_1.03_W81x86_A.zip

Only when you do an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 does the audio work, if you do a clean install this happens

[inappropriate content removed]

• PhoenixWRX
    PhoenixWRX Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hgmartin9, thank you so much! Worked perfectly. I know have sound again. I had tried the audio drivers but did now know I needed the other 2.
  • DiegoSepu97
    DiegoSepu97 Member Posts: 2 New User

That really helps... thanks!, but now the sound is distorted... What can i do? My device is Sw3-013

• vvulpes
    vvulpes Member Posts: 1 New User

i have same problem, sound is very distorted, nothing helps. Sound sounds like a phone call or have other bitrate. Hey, i cannot change also my bitrate, it`s only 16 bit 48000 khz........

The point is, yesterday all works okay, while tablet in dream goes to 0% (from 40%) only for 8 hrs.... and when i charge it it have this **bleep**. In bluetooth sound is great, in headphone also great. But speakers sounds like discreditation is not 48000 but 36 or 40, sounds have this distortion. but why. what happens only for one night of not dreaming

• TQ
    TQ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi can u help up with mine we can communicate in email
  • nsance
    nsance Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi!! Still the same problem, I have followed all the steps hundred of times.
    I have an SW5-12, with Windows 10 Home. When I uninstall all the drivers, a few seconds later, the drivers are installed again by themselves, I cannot uninstall!! Can u help me please!!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

nsance>>>I have followed all the steps hundred of times>>>

Hundred!!! How many months have you had this problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nsance
    nsance Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have this tablet since 2015, in summer 2016 I decided to install Windows 10 home, no sound since last year. Trying to install Win 10pro, but unsucces.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    nsance---Did you check Device Manager yet for a possible rollback to an earlier soundcard driver that might work? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi,

My opinion with Windows 10 is:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/620809#Comment_620809

Try it if you like.

Thanks.
  • MMLX
    MMLX Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. Microsoft destroyed my OS and then installed this crappy W10 w/no sound, no touchscreen, I can see the battery and the computer wont recognize the SD card slot. Im still mad at Microsoft, but they wont do a thing about it. So what do I do? There is no audio hardware installed, according to the System.How do I get it to find the audio hardware?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Install all the drivers from the Acer support site. You likely need at least the chipset and audio drivers to get it working.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cornishman
    Cornishman Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had a customer bring in a switch 10 with this problem.  Tracked it down to the platform driver not installed with Windows 10 later than 1803.
    Without this loaded the camera and the audio do not talk to the OS.  I hope this helps.
  • Onticom
    Onticom Member Posts: 24 Networker
    hgmartin9 said:

This post keeps on giving, nearly 4 years later!

I had consigned my Switch to the back of the cupboard after giving up trying to sort out sound and an update to the latest Windows.

I finally dug it out as a Lockdown project, and spent the last few days sorting out the Windows Update. Got that done finally, and still had the sound problem. Followed your guidance and now the tinny soundtrack of some random Youtube is both the first noise the machine has produced in 4 years and one of the sweetest sounds I've heard in years!

Thanks a lot.