No Sound on Aspire Switch SW3-013

Mannyboy100
Mannyboy100 Member Posts: 3 New User
After upgrading to Windows 10 Ver 1803 I no longer had sound on my Acer Aspire Switch SW3-013.  I tried updating sound drivers, windows trouble Shooter for Sound.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Drivers and that did not work.  I then did a factory reset install for Windows 10 and still had the no sound problem.  Are there any suggestions?

Comments

• kdoutt12
    kdoutt12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just updated, and now have the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    Mannyboy100kdoutt12

Please check if you have any pending windows updates.
    To check for updates now, select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

>Switch to the generic Windows audio driver
    Open device manager, Right-click on your audio device and click on Update Driver Software.
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select High Definition Audio  Device and click on Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to replace their computer’s default audio driver with the general Windows High Definition Audio Device.

>Disable any and all  audio enhancements
    Open the Start Menu. Type Sound into the Search. Click on the search result titled Sound that appears under Control Panel. In the Playback tab,  right-click on the playback device that you are using (your computer’s speakers, for example) and click on Properties.
    Navigate to the Enhancements. Check the Disable all enhancements check box by clicking on it. This will effectively disable any and all audio  enhancements that have been applied to your computer’s speakers. Click on Apply. Click on OK. Restart and check if there is buzzing noises.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi Everyone,

I was installing in Acer Switch 11 SW5-111 but I think almost for sure that it work with Acer Switch 10.

For anyone having problems with sound or no sound after upgrading, installing or updating Windows 10, I think I found the solution after a few stressing days of work with it.

- Installed Windows 10 from Scratch (Clean Install);
    - Installed all drivers from Acer Website;
    - Installed drivers without any specific order;
    - After trying 50 possible available solutions I was finally was going to give up but started to work on the camera that did not work.
    - Atention any update made in Windows or drivers resulted on the Webcam not working and had to always apply the following patch from Acer Website:
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Patch/Patch/Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip?acerid=636001971830724791&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH&Step3=SW5-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_4#_ga=2.45431463.2056994840.1543505797-712111775.1543406281
    The filename is: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip

- I believe this problem with the sound has to do with the Intel Platform Drivers and I am not sure but I tried installing almost all of them but some people claim this one solves some problems with touch, sound or webcam:
    Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_A.zip

The Intel Platform Drivers by order I think is this one:
    Platform Drivers_Intel_001_W10x86_A.zip

But FINALLY after applying the patch and not having sound I deleted from the sound devices the: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) telling Windows to delete the driver and to seach automatically;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to Automatically search for the best driver;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to update the driver but to search for the best driver inside the folder from the patch: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip that obviously was unzipped to a folder.
    The result was having SOUND AGAIN! I have not yet tested if it has problems with being clear sound or crackling but I have sound.

The image to prove the version of Windows 10 and the version of the driver that gives sound is below:

Intel: 603.9600.1948.32590

I hope this help anyone having problems with Acer Notebooks or Tablet.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer but I can only make more test for a few more days because the client needs the laptop back.

Thanks again.
  • gavinthegreat
    gavinthegreat Member Posts: 1 New User
    renus said:
    Hi Everyone,

I was installing in Acer Switch 11 SW5-111 but I think almost for sure that it work with Acer Switch 10.

For anyone having problems with sound or no sound after upgrading, installing or updating Windows 10, I think I found the solution after a few stressing days of work with it.

- Installed Windows 10 from Scratch (Clean Install);
    - Installed all drivers from Acer Website;
    - Installed drivers without any specific order;
    - After trying 50 possible available solutions I was finally was going to give up but started to work on the camera that did not work.
    - Atention any update made in Windows or drivers resulted on the Webcam not working and had to always apply the following patch from Acer Website:
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Patch/Patch/Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip?acerid=636001971830724791&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH&Step3=SW5-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_4#_ga=2.45431463.2056994840.1543505797-712111775.1543406281
    The filename is: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip

- I believe this problem with the sound has to do with the Intel Platform Drivers and I am not sure but I tried installing almost all of them but some people claim this one solves some problems with touch, sound or webcam:

The Intel Platform Drivers by order I think is this one:
    Platform Drivers_Intel_001_W10x86_A.zip

But FINALLY after applying the patch and not having sound I deleted from the sound devices the: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) telling Windows to delete the driver and to seach automatically;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to Automatically search for the best driver;
    - After this step I told Windows 10 to update the driver but to search for the best driver inside the folder from the patch: Patch_Acer_20160506_W10x86_A.zip that obviously was unzipped to a folder.
    The result was having SOUND AGAIN! I have not yet tested if it has problems with being clear sound or crackling but I have sound.

The image to prove the version of Windows 10 and the version of the driver that gives sound is below:

Intel: 603.9600.1948.32590

I hope this help anyone having problems with Acer Notebooks or Tablet.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer but I can only make more test for a few more days because the client needs the laptop back.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for this solution. We've had problems with the audio and webcam drivers on our Acer. Finally this has been resolved!
  • ticeygaming
    ticeygaming Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    I also want to share my experience. I installed Windows10-x86 on my Acer Aspire Switch 10E notebook. Firstly I could not hear the sound, there was a RED CROSS sign on speaker and even I could not see the battery icon. I downloaded the drivers from acer official website for my notebook model (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support-product/5931?b=1).  And I installed them. (While I was installing them, suddenly screen is changed and I see everything I wanted (Sound and battery icon) and also hear the sound!) I am going to tell you the driver installing order that I used. 1- Audio Driver 2- Bluetooth Driver 3- G Sensor Driver 4- Mode Change Indicator 5- Master Installer (BIOS 1.10 + Platform driver included) 6- Wireless LAN Driver (BroadCam) While installing it screen is changed and everything is fine. 7- Wireless LAN Driver (Realtek). I hope it helps.