XB271HK Flickering

Answers

• fabfab
    fabfab Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have XB271HK and also have flickering issue.
    I solved the problem changing DP cable!
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    XB321HK have same problem, its related to glitch in display panel chip.
    Changing DP cable will not solve the flicker - it happens even on HDMI (since its internal to panel). It also happens the same on other monitors from other makes (e.g. BENQ) which use same panel with same 4K UHD faulty TCON chip inside.

You may think that changing cable helps, but just wait for couple of weeks - and you will see that problem still here. Its just random and can not happen on certain days even if you do nothing. Unless you had different kind of flicker, related to cable.

• fabfab

Tinkerer

> @RidingTheFlow said:
    > XB321HK have same problem, its related to glitch in display panel chip.
    > Changing DP cable will not solve the flicker - it happens even on HDMI (since its internal to panel). It also happens the same on other monitors from other makes (e.g. BENQ) which use same panel with same 4K UHD faulty TCON chip inside.
    >
    > You may think that changing cable helps, but just wait for couple of weeks - and you will see that problem still here. Its just random and can not happen on certain days even if you do nothing. Unless you had different kind of flicker, related to cable.

OK, I will test it.....
  • RidingTheFlow
    Here is kind of flicker which is caused by panel chips - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDtw8jh-Cw
    Note that it always happen on half of screen (left or right). Because there are 2 chips for each half, and only one glitches at time.

If your flicker happens on whole screen - this is different kind, and may be caused by driver/card/cable.
  • fabfab

Tinkerer

I confirm that I have no more problem with flickering.
    Issue was in the right of screen.
  • RidingTheFlow
    What replacement cable did you use?

• fabfab

Tinkerer

Ugreen DP 1.2 cable with gold plated contacts
  • adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    > @fabfab said:
    > Ugreen DP 1.2 cable with gold plated contacts

I have placed an order to Amazon for the cable and will report back, but otherwise I'll return this monitor and NEVER buy Acer again and will be an Anti-advocate for Acer
  • RidingTheFlow
    fabfab said:
    Ugreen DP 1.2 cable with gold plated contacts
    What length? Do you have actual shop link?

• adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    > @RidingTheFlow said:
    > fabfab said:
    >
    >
    > Ugreen DP 1.2 cable with gold plated contacts
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What length? Do you have actual shop link?

I know your not asking me but Im going for the 3 foot version, shorter usually means less interference, I think LOL
  • SavioGeorge
    SavioGeorge Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

> @cp262808 said:
    > Just purchased this monitor from Newegg and it was great for a few days. After having for a week now I have noticed it will occasionally flicker on about half of the screen for no reason. Not sure what is causing this but am afraid I'll have to RMA to be safe that it doesn't get any worse. anyone else had this issue?

I have an Acer Predator UW 2560x1080 , i had the flickering issue with Radeon Graphics , switched to NVIDIA (turned on Gsync) and it was gone. Also disabled OD and enabled DTS (with OD i had ghosting issues) - Hope this helps.
  • RidingTheFlow
    > @RidingTheFlow said:

> What length? Do you have actual shop link?

I know your not asking me but Im going for the 3 foot version, shorter usually means less interference, I think LOL
    I've tried several way more expensive cables of ~1 meter length (one of them certainly being way better AWG than above Ugreen, and triple shielded) - and nothing helped to cure glitches.
    Therefore I want to know what exact cable person above got to be sure I reproduce whatever alchemy may be in play here.

• fabfab

Tinkerer

I'm sorry for delay...

I bought this on Amazon:

UGREEN Cavo DisplayPort, Cavo DP a DP 1.2 Maschio a Maschio

2 meters lenght

• fabfab

Tinkerer

You can insert these words on amazon.it. Cable is 2 meters long
  • Eamon
    Eamon Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

@fabfab

Seriously? That cable solves the problem? I'm about to order it from Amazon UK. Will report back if I notice any difference.

And since it's been a long while, have you made sure that it solved the problem, fabfab?
  • lionheart12x
    lionheart12x Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    I just have to leave a comment. I don't own a predator monitor but I do have the Acer BM320 monitor and its experiencing the issue people are talking about. I changed to an approved cable by DP and it's still doing it. Its worth noting that I have a radeon rx580. Someone mentioned switching to NVIDIA might help......
  • Eamon
    Eamon Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I purchased the Ugreen cables and have been using it since November. The flickering issue still occurs.

And in response to lionheart above, I have an Nvidia 1080ti. I don't think the GPU is the issue.
  • RidingTheFlow
    Eamon said:
    I purchased the Ugreen cables and have been using it since November. The flickering issue still occurs.

I am not really surprised (not first time people made cable claim), but original poster was very insistent so I was willing to give them benefit of doubt...

Actually, I've confirmed issue happens even on HDMI, which uses entirely different cable & circuits. Only panel is what the same in this case - which pretty much proves flicker happens on panel chip and trying to faff with anything external will not do anything.

Its also pretty random. E.g. last week I had whole week without glitches. Or maybe they've happened when I wasn't looking. But then last day I had 3 glitches happen in 30 minutes. Then nothing again.

• lionheart12x
    Eamon said:

I am not really surprised (not first time people made cable claim), but original poster was very insistent so I was willing to give them benefit of doubt...

Actually, I've confirmed issue happens even on HDMI, which uses entirely different cable & circuits. Only panel is what the same in this case - which pretty much proves flicker happens on panel chip and trying to faff with anything external will not do anything.

Its also pretty random. E.g. last week I had whole week without glitches. Or maybe they've happened when I wasn't looking. But then last day I had 3 glitches happen in 30 minutes. Then nothing again.

Yeah. You are right. The same problem happens over HDMI. I too had a few days without the glitch and then recently, it started popping back up again. I kinda want to replace the monitor but I can't find one that matches the one I have. 
  • lionheart12x
    Yep, definitely confirmed its a problem with the panel itself. I hooked up my PS4 via HDMI to the monitor and the same issued occurred, confirming that it has nothing to do with my computer graphics card or my computer setup in general. 
This discussion has been closed.