Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire 10 dead after 18 months

My Aspire 10 is 18 months old. It was always difficult to power on but one night it powered itself off and has never powered up again. I took it to the service centre who have just sent an SMS asking for RM 800 to fix it. That is ridculous as it only cost RM 1100 so that means it is junk after just 18 months. I would never buy another product from Acer.

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-KarpAcer-Karp Posts: 1,761Acer Crew

Acer Crew

When experience a hardware problem, the computer needs to be send to repair in order to run a diagnose.

Please contact your Acer support in your region for farther assistance on repair.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, [email protected].
  • BuyaDellBuyaDell Posts: 3Member

I have done that. That's how I know it will cost RM 800 to fix it. It isn't worth that when it only cost RM 1100 in the first place. I will buy a Dell instead with a comprehensive extended warranty program as I always used to do. I have learned my lesson.

• raucouscobraraucouscobra Posts: 11Member

I missed the extended warranty offer and now I am really worried about how long this laptop will last.  I have had several issues with it from the start

• bossie13bossie13 Posts: 1Member New User
    my aspire cloudbook 14 is eighteen months old will not switch on help!!!
  • billseybillsey Posts: 5,221ACE Pathfinder
    Bossie13, it would probably have been best to start a new thread, since you have a different model. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so to make sure it's actually off, wait a bit and try to turn it on again. What happens?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1christy1 Posts: 400Ally
    bossie13 said:
    my aspire cloudbook 14 is eighteen months old will not switch on help!!!
    is the charger working? check if there is a orange light or blue light on the unit when you plug in the charger.
    Hit Accept if its useful.