Aspire 10 dead after 18 months

BuyaDell
BuyaDell Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

My Aspire 10 is 18 months old. It was always difficult to power on but one night it powered itself off and has never powered up again. I took it to the service centre who have just sent an SMS asking for RM 800 to fix it. That is ridculous as it only cost RM 1100 so that means it is junk after just 18 months. I would never buy another product from Acer.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

When experience a hardware problem, the computer needs to be send to repair in order to run a diagnose.

Please contact your Acer support in your region for farther assistance on repair.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • BuyaDell
    BuyaDell Member Posts: 3 New User

I have done that. That's how I know it will cost RM 800 to fix it. It isn't worth that when it only cost RM 1100 in the first place. I will buy a Dell instead with a comprehensive extended warranty program as I always used to do. I have learned my lesson.

• raucouscobra
    raucouscobra Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I missed the extended warranty offer and now I am really worried about how long this laptop will last.  I have had several issues with it from the start

• bossie13
    bossie13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    my aspire cloudbook 14 is eighteen months old will not switch on help!!!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Bossie13, it would probably have been best to start a new thread, since you have a different model. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so to make sure it's actually off, wait a bit and try to turn it on again. What happens?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    bossie13 said:
    my aspire cloudbook 14 is eighteen months old will not switch on help!!!
    is the charger working? check if there is a orange light or blue light on the unit when you plug in the charger.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)