Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Loose DC Power jack

Options
2»

Answers

• Njstan
    Njstan Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello I have an acer r11 chromebook. And the  charging port has become really loose and now will not charge. What can I do. Thanks in advance......my son is gutted not to be able to to use it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Njstan you need to start a thread of your own, since this one is for an R7-371T, which is a 13" Windows machine, not an 11" Chromebook. Start it in the Chromebook section and include your full model number... We should be able to tell you from that what can be done about the loose charging port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • McGrip
    McGrip Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi I red all your comments and have the same problem. But I found one solution.

It seems not to be the socket. 
    I just used a laboratory power supply and switched it to 19,5 Volts and it works fine. 
    So it seems with age the cable or something else gets weak. I guess construction failure (too thin for that much Amps).
    You can buy 19,5 Volt power adapters and than maybe a socket adapter for the Acer Socket and it will work fine.
    My original poweradapter just puts out 19 Volts. 

I really loved this notebook. After changing the keybord in warenty and second time after, myself it works so well. 
    As teenager 20 years ago I also sketched , imagined a folding mechanismus like that, but couldent patent it , because of the high costs ;-) 
    I loved to see 20 years later that acer built my design ;-) 
    A hole in the back would also be nice, so that you could hang the latop on the wall, like painting ,-)