Serial Number Not Recognized, Can't Use Predator Chat (Predator G6-710)

Kuja
Kuja Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

The serial number that's on my tower, my purchase reciept, and that's identified by the auto-detection software all match but when I try to validate it either to use the support chat or to add it as a product to my acer account it says that my SNID and Serial aren't recognized and aren't in the system. 

I'm having other issues and would to be able to use the chat service, any help would be appreciated

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Kuja,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you send me a private message with your Serial Number and let me see what we can do about getting this corrected?

Thanks,
    Cory

• Sue99
    Sue99 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem. New computer today. Acer Support Chat will not accept SNID or S/N.  Please advise--thanks--Sue

• Kuja
    Kuja Member Posts: 2 New User

I could use it too, I never did get a reply after sending him my information

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hello Sue99 and Kuja,

I'm sorry the inconvenience.  Other users have reported that using Firefox returns an error, have you tried registering with IE?  If that doesn’t work please send me a Private Message with the S/N and Acer ID email and I’ll look into this for you.

Thank you,

Acer Technician Acer-Jose

• thsus46
    thsus46 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the exact same problem. I've spoken to level 2 support over the last 2 weeks, and was told that they would send a message to the techs to enter the serial number into the system. So far nothing has happened. In the meantime my G6-710 retarts when idle, I tried to load the newest version of Predator Sense but can't get past the start-up program icon, and can't log onto chat help since neither my sn or snid is seen as valid. I purchased this computer from the Acer online store. Frustrating, to say the least. On the plus side everyone I've spoke to has been very nice.

• Mbelec781
    Mbelec781 Member Posts: 3 New User

Got the same trouble ! i used Edge and Chrome and dont work for me to regist my computer !

• thsus46
    thsus46 Member Posts: 4 New User

I've had the exact same problem with my new G6-710. I called and was eventually assigned to level 2  support. Have spoken with several people; the last one told me yesterday that teh techs expect a resolution sometime next week. In the meantime I also have some issues: Predator sense not working correctly; can't update bios, etc. You need to call, and be patient as well as persistent. Good luck.

• Mbelec781
    Mbelec781 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am in canada, i will try with the team in there once their support will open !!

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Mbelec781 wrote:

I am in canada, i will try with the team in there once their support will open !!

Hello @Mbelec781,

Were you able to contact support?  If you're still having trouble registering your unit, please send me a PM with the S/N so I can assist you with this.

• WeGoingTimber
    WeGoingTimber Member Posts: 1 New User
    My snid or sn not's working either