Brightness control not working.

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>So is it a software problem?>>>

I still think so. Does the Fn+F6 still toggle the screen off and on?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jimmy222
    jimmy222 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Yeah.. The FN+F6 toggles the screen on and off. Wonder what the problem is..

Nad KB.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

Good. The next step will probably make you nervous. Open Device Mgr,  click on the display adapter dropdown. You should now only have one adapter listed, the updated 1004 version of the AMD Radeon R5 driver that you downloaded earlier. Uninstall but don't delete (if option box is available) this driver. Save and exit Device Manager. Reboot your system to allow Windows to re-detect the adapter and re-install whichever driver it recommends. If Windows gives you a choice between re-installing the older 1003 version and the updated 1004 version, choose the updated version. Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• jimmy222
    jimmy222 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Hey, I've got some great news. Before I could read your message, I was surfing the net and tried to close my browser. And then a pop up appeared saying <'Server is busy' click switch to or retry to redirect> or something like that. It was an error from windows I think. Then my laptop froze. So then I decided to force shut down my laptop. 

When i restarted it, it took quite some time to reboot. And when it finally restarted and went to the desktop, I realised that the screen was very bright. So i tried adjusting the brightness with the Fn+left arrow key button and to my surprise, I got back the brightness control! I could change the brightness of the computer with the arrow keys and the slider. Thank god! And thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. Really really appreciate it.

I'm still quite curious though, how the problem arised and how actually the problem was solved. Was a force shut down all that was required?

Thanks so much again.

Nad KB.