[Abandoned] ubuntu on G9-591 - Answer: Not really

Options
2»

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

Yes, I can understand that your're dissapointed. But here I must say, I remember well an article regarding UEFI and TPM. There was a sentence like "now every manufacturer has it in its hands, which OSes will be compatible".

But as I used dual boot systems for many years, I already gave up with UEFI. The Asus I had was running dual boot for some months and then the Bios was completely bricked (3 time while working). No others had this error....but also not dual boot.

I used Win10 only for gaming before.

But you should go to the forums before you buy the next one. Because I think the chipsets are very equal for skylake notebooks. So also the problems ...

• beststevie
    Options

I just waited for Ubuntu 16.04 to try again my best with dual boot win10/Ubuntu.

It was still the same as before.

But I found out how it works. It might be different for every different storage setup. I do have 2 M2 SSDs and the sata hdd. On Nvme is the win10.

I had a free space at the end of the sata ssd and set it as the 1rst boot device. I disabled secure boot and installed Ubuntu on the Sata SSD with boot loader on it, too. Then after reboot I couldn't see the boot manager as before. I setup secure boot and found an option to trust an efi file. I clicked though and a gave this fresh boot devcie the name ubuntu.

Option is found under securtiy>select an UEFI file as trusted

In boot menue I set this new option to the top.

I use AHCI and I also can boot win10 with raid. But I dind't try to setup Ubuntu with raid optin. But it should work as well.

That's it.

If someone found an solution for Killer Wireless and the bad sound...please let me know.

• beststevie
    Options

But I'm a bit dissapointed about this fresh ubuntu.

- Sound is not correctly recognized. Only speaker to the left are working.

- No wlan. Workaround is not working for me.