Aspire ES1-521 windows 7 wireless driver help

Options
2»

Answers

• Simms31
    Simms31 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

and i tryed pushing FN/F3 but no go it might be where the driver is older or something in the bios maybe

• Simms31
    Options

ok ill try that now

• Simms31
    Options

YEESSSS WE HAVE INTERNET

• bat_ladder
    bat_ladder Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Hey IronFly and anyone else who can help me please?

I bought an Acer Aspire ES1-523-63HF at the beginning of 2017.

Model number: N16C2

SNID: 639 003 723 34

It came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I wanted to run Windows 7 (x64) instead.
    I formatted the hard drive and installed Windows 7 (x64).

The laptop is running fine with Windows 7, except that some drivers are not installed.

The main concern is not having a driver for connecting wirelessly to the internet. So, if I can only get help with only one driver, it is that! However, help with the others (especially USB) would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried researching this issue myself (I’ve always been pretty good with computers and solved issues like this before) and tried downloading wireless connection drivers (about 5). But have had no success.

Below is a list of all of the drivers that are presenting as not installed in ‘Device Manager’.

They are listed under ‘Other devices’ and all have a yellow triangle in the bottom right hand corner of their icon, with an exclamation mark in the middle of the triangle.

1) Ethernet Controller

2) Network Controller

3) PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

4) SM Bus Controller

5) Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

6) Unknown device

7) USB2.0-CRW

As IronFly has previously requested other people asking for help to do, I have copied the ‘HardwareIDs’ for four of the most important drivers required. Namely:

1)     Network controller properties

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_08A611AD&REV_31

2)     Ethernet controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_108A1025&REV_15

5)    Universal Serial Bus (USB)

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&SUBSYS_108A1025&REV_11

7)    USB2.0-CRW

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129&REV_3960

Thankyou very much :)

The Batman

• bat_ladder
    Options
    Hey IronFly, you good man of infinite knowledge,

I can't find a driver for my graphics card (on board graphics card). 
    There doesn't SEEM to be a problem when I look at Device Manager (When I click 'Display Adapters' the drop down is 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' - is that what it should be?) 

It's important because I've quit my job and am trying to make an online business, and need my graphics card to be function properly for Microsoft PowerPoint.

When I try to use PowerPoint (and actually "run" a PowerPoint that includes animations and slide transitions), I get an error message that says "PowerPoint has detected that your graphics card may not be configured properly for an optimal slide show experience". This is obviously the case, because the animations and slide transitions are super, super slow and jolty.

Before I formatted my hard drive and installed Windows 7 (the laptop came with Windows 10 and all drivers installed), PowerPoint worked perfectly, in terms of smooth animations and slide transitions.

I clicked on the 'Learn more' link in the PowerPoint error message. It just told me to clear the option in PowerPoint that says "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" and clear the option that says "Disable slideshow graphics hardware acceleration" (they were both ALREADY clear). Hence, it seems to be a driver problem. 

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated :)
    Thanking you in advance

Matthew Davis

• bat_ladder
    Options
    Oh, here is the HardwareID string for the graphics card: 
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9851&SUBSYS_108A1025&REV_40
  • bat_ladder
    Options
    And here is a screenshot of Device Manager, and the error message I receive when I try to "run" a slide show in PowerPoint