Please Define "Zero-Frame" on XB271HU

ShelaMonster
ShelaMonster Member Posts: 2 New User

Recently purchased the XB271HU from an online retailer, and received it in the mail in the original product box which was odd... but either way, product wasn't damaged, however I am a bit confused on the screen for this monitor.

I am not concerned with BLB or IPS Glow, but what bothers me is that there is a HUGE gap between the edge of the "visible" screen, and the bezel of the monitor itself...

I was under the impression that "zero-frame for edge-to-edge gaming" meant that the screen would go all the way to the bezel of the monitor, not a gap between the screen and the frame.

^1DB26E86E1BB4E2180D5281C909968B5CD6106EA400B180963^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

This was taken from my phone, so it isn't the best, however, you can see from the glossy reflection (the screen) to the matte black (the bezel) there is a significant gap between the maximized screen (Edge browser) and the outer area of the monitor.

After going back to the website for the monitor, I see that it was in fact not memory loss on my part, but even shown in multiple shots of said monitor that it was edge-to-edge for the screen.

These pictures are straight from the product page:

Bullet_ZeroFrame_Predator_XB1-desk.jpg

Photogallery_Predator_XB1_front.png

I am asking the community and Acer for two things, if possible.

1) Is this intended, and all models show this across the board? (Because I'm not going to RMA if I just get the same thing back...)

and

2) Why is it advertised as "edge-to-edge zero-frame" but then actual product has (on left and right side combined) almost 1/2 inch of unused space?

Thanks for your time!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I compared your pictures to the product we have here, and it appears to be the same as our product (although it is hard to tell exactly how wide the gap is in your picture). After looking into this, it seems as if this is normal for this product.  I am not sure about the advertising from marketing, but the LCD does appear to be edge to edge, with a very thin bezel surrounding it. If you feel your product is not correct, I can help fascilitate an RMA, but I do not beleive there is a hardware issue at this time. Is there a retail store near you where you could compare your model, with a display model?

• ShelaMonster
    ShelaMonster Member Posts: 2 New User

Apologies for getting back with you late Blayn.

I do not beleive the monitor has an "RMA" issue per-say, just a bit misleading on the marketing for the monitor with press-shots of the product showing what appears to be a truely "edge-to-edge" design.

I was not able to find a store close that carried the same type of monitor, however there were other Acer IPS monitors available, and I noticed they had the same bordering around the screen and bezel as well.

I am having another issue with the monitor however, but I'm not sure if you would prefer this to be discussed in the same thread or another.

Thank you for your time and information concerning the "design" of the product, since I am not the only one with these concerns as shown here:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/XB271HU-desktop-does-not-go-to-edges/m-p/405256/highlight/true#M1069

Thank you once again.

~Shela Monster

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Thanks for getting back to me and pointing me to the feedback in the other thread. I have shared these threads with our product team for review. We can help you with your other issue. I don't care if we do it in this thread or if you start a new one. A new thread may help others who may be experiencing the same issue find it easier.