XB271HU desktop does not go to edges

Options
Rangoon
Rangoon Member Posts: 6 New User

This display has extremely thin bezels on the sides and top, and I have read that it touts a zero-frame, edge-to-edge screen. However, I am seeing roughly a 1/4" border of screen/glass which apparently cannot be used. I tried the desktop resize function in my video settings, but 100% hortizontal and vertical fall short by this amount. Is this by design? What is zero-frame supposed to mean? What is edge-to-edge supposed to mean? ...if not to be taken literally.

Also, if it's of interest to anyone else, I received mine from Amazon, and the edges of the screen were covered in finger prints and smudges. Not impressed with that, but distilled water and a microfiber cloth cleaned things up. We shouldn't have to do that, though. Not to mention, it makes you wonder if the display was actually *new*.

Answers

• Rangoon
    Rangoon Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Buying monitors has been such a letdown the past several years. All you read about are quality control issues with so many brands and models. You'd like to think that Acer's Predator line would somehow exceed expectations, but unfortunately it's the same old lottery it's always been. After cleaning off the fingerprints and wondering what that huge oily blob was in the upper right corner, I found a dead pixel, terrible bleed in the upper right corner, and a power button that only works intermittently. 

Gotta play this game again. Processed a refund with Amazon, will send it back, and order again. My build was October, and I read that the newer ones have fixed the power button issues. Hopefully I also have better "luck". 

But back to my original post: is it correct for this model to have a border within the frame without any pixels?

• Brentonian
    Brentonian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also have the 1/4" of black before the bezel. Thought screen image should go to edge?