Aspire E1-522 Ram upgrade

macki_bmacki_b Member Posts: 5

Hi!

I`m about to upgrade my Acer Aspire E1-522 laptop. But when i look at my backside of laptop at the two ram slots one of them is not accessible without taking the whole bottom of. I have two questions. Is it possible to switch the "non accessible" memory, since this is only 2gb in size without laptop failure? It is monuted in an ordinary slot. If not, is it possible to stick an 8gb in the only single visible slot?

/macki_b

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

One slot is not removable and you can only install 4gb in the othwer as you can see here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/RAM-INSTALL-ON-ASPIRE-E1-522-5423/td-p/229302

• macki_bmacki_b Member Posts: 5

What i can see is that the "hidden" memory sits in an ordinary slot and in that case can be exchanged? Why is the slot "locked" by back plastichousing and not the other one? I took a closer look at the specs and laptop is supporting memory up to 8gb. How is this going be manage if one slot is locked with a 2gb set of memory?

/macki_b

Your correct. I took a closer look at the slot and it is normal. It seems the only way to replace that memory dimm is to disassemble the laptop and remove the motherboard.At the most a couple hours if you have any experience.

• macki_bmacki_b Member Posts: 5

I plugged a 8gb memory in the visible slot. Everything is working fine. Currently running 2+ 8gb on win7 home premium. So the maximum value of 8gb ram from Acer is not right.

That's good then. You have 10 GB. That should be helping a lot.