RAM INSTALL ON ASPIRE E1-522-5423

Options
jrh1
jrh1 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a new acer aspire E1-522-5423. There is a panel on the back to access the ram and hard drive. They are located in the front of the case not under the keboard...witch is not  removable on this model. You can see the memory stick but it appears that you cannot remove it through the opening. Do you have to remove the whole circuit board to remove the ram

or am I missing something?? Acer says there are two slots with only one being used with 4GB stick. The rep I spoke with could not awnser my question on removal. Thanks for any information.

JRH1

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

You need to remove the screws(three of them), then insert finger nails in the grove(marked with arrow), when you open just insert memory stick in the top slot at an angle and push it down until it clicks by the two clips.

Capture301.JPG

• jrh1
    Options

THANK YOU, I was assuming that it went over or under the existing stick. It mounts on the motherboard. Sometimes

older eyes miss those things...thanks again

jrh1

• jrh1
    Options

I just got my 4G stick. Installed it and the screen remains dark. I was later told I would need to update drivers or the bios.

Can someone please explain what needs to be done. I thought it would be a simple plug in.

thanks for any help

• brummyfan2
    Options

You don't have to update BIOS, it is just plug it in correctly, try removing both sticks, insert only the one you just bought and see whether it works, if it works, then insert the old stick in the top slot and see how they both work.

• jrh1
    Options

ACER RAM.jpgOn this model E1-522-5423 the factory installed ram is visiable after removing the cover but is not accessable unless you

remove the circuit board from the top portion of the case. Part of the plastic frame does not allow the ram to be removed. The slot for the second stick is on top of the motherboard and is accessable. The factory ram is the bottom

of pic.

• brummyfan2
    Options

OK, may be it's soldered to the Motherboard, it's better to take it to a Technician as I don't know how you inserting the module, it should go at an angle and to be pushed down.

If you are not sure, it's better to leave it to a professional.

This discussion has been closed.