Acer Aspire One

Options
2»

Answers

• PunjabSis
    PunjabSis Member Posts: 19 New User
    Options

BIG PROBLEM

I got all working..  was running a virus scan with the antivirus...the Microsoft one you had me download... got it

downloaded and installed the updates on it and was about half way through scanning when I got the blue screen

and it shut down and restarted... now every 3 minutes it shuts down and restarts... the only   thing I can read fast enough is mpfilter.sys     

the little box that comes up.. gives me an xml document to check but when I go to the folder it is supposed to be in, it is not there....  

I took a quick shot of the screen as it flashed by for the 6th time...    hope it helps...    How to I fix 

thanks

Barbara

IMG_2400 (1).JPG

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

ok, uninstall security essential, do ALL the updates and then re-install security essential.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PunjabSis
    Options

I uninstalled it last night and it stopped the shutting down... will try to install again...   

was the file I downloaded corrupt?  

thanks

• PunjabSis
    Options

Every time I boot the computer now, I get a message that it needs to scan the disk and there is now some kind of error with it.. how do I fix this problem...  it says it can't access something (forget what it was now..can do pic of the screen next time I boot)...   I need to fix whatever it is so this stops coming up...  I guess this was caused because of the sudden shutdowns and restarts...   

thanks

Barbara