Acer Aspire One

Options
PunjabSis
PunjabSis Member Posts: 19 New User

I have the Acer Aspire One D257 13473 Netbook.

I have lost the use of the WiFi and clicking on FN+F3 is not working to turn it on... in the device manager there is not a Wlan wireless adapter listed under the network adapter section...  Have been using the Wifi internet connection for about 4 years.. now cannot connect with WiFi..   not sure what happened to it.. just quit working

one day...  since it is not showing in the device manager now.. .does it disappear from the device manager if it goes bad?   I can download and resinstall the drivers but don't know which wlan adapter is in the netbook.. I've been searching but not sure if it is Atheros or  Broadcom   ...   if I download the drivers and install will the WiFi adapter show back up in the device manager..?  

I've installed hardware and updated drivers before but usually if they are listed in the device manager and no drivers, it appears with the yellow exclamation point.. but this WiFi adapter has totally disappeared from the device manager so am stumped on this one as to what to do and how to get it back in there...   if it is because the wifi adapter card is bad then will need to replace it...

thanks 

barbara

Answers