cd/dvd drive missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Options
2»

Answers

• Gats
    Gats Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

We may be getting somewhere...Theres nothing in device manager, and nothing happened when I put a disk in, BUT.. when I dbl clicked This PC, on the left pane under quick access, it shows my drive with a question on it, and D:\  next to it.

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    That is your DVD drive. how what else can you find about that D:\ try right click and properties
  • Gats
    Gats Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

We may be getting somewhere... Nothing shows underr device manager except hard drive, and nothing happens when I put in a disk.. BUT.. when I double click on this Pc, in the left pane under quick access it shows a drive with a question mark on top of it and D:\ next to it. when I go to stoage\disk mngmt\ 4 pictures of drives come up.. only the 4th one is labeled with a drive letter.. (C: my hard drive) the others all say disk 0 at the bottom in boxes that give me health status

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    status OK and healthy they are your hidden partitions that are Boot partitions. - do you know how to divide the C:\ into 2 parts. so you can have another partition of at least 30gb or 40gb