R7-371T Windows 10 Synaptics Driver gives beeps

2»

Answers

• jmlinder74
    jmlinder74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I tried plugging in a USB mouse....no beeps but lag is still there sadly.
  • Jadenz
    Jadenz Member Posts: 3 New User

Acer, is there anyone out there reading this?

Before I decide whether to go back to Windows 8.1 I would like to know if Acer is actually aware and doing something about this.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi all,

I just want to let you know that I've spoken with our Engineering team here and have confirmed that they're looking into the issues related to the touchpad causing noises to be produced and lag with the touchpad. I don't have an ETA at this time, but as soon as I know more, I'll post it here.

Cory

• benbruens
    benbruens Member Posts: 2 New User

All,

Synaptics has meanwhile released a factory driver

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64_Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUIHID_I2C.zip is the correct one to my knowledge but also for other types it is available at http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php.

I'm installing that right now and let you know how it went. Hope it solves the annoying issue.

Regards,

Ben

• Cool665
    Cool665 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also having the same problem. I am using an Acer Aspire E1-570. I am using the Windows 10 April 2018 update. The beeping noise only just started on the same day I wrote this comment. I used to have Windows 8, but that was a few years ago. Another thing is, I also have Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my computer. Ubuntu also makes a sound time to time. But instead, it is a clicking sound. I heard it was an Intel HD sound problem. I done what it said to do, but that did not work. Now in Windows it is a beeping sound. It sounds like the one that it makes when you turn on Caps-lock, just a bit quieter. It is playing on my external speakers, at speaker volume. Also, the sound kind of sounds like the low battery sound. It made me think the battery charger was not connected! Please help me. I need a solution quick, or I may not use this computer anymore. Some new rom, drivers, or something. Thanks!