touchpad stopped working after windows 10 S7-392

13»

Answers

• Bimpeh
    Bimpeh Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello pls I am using acer aspire E5-511-C619 with OS win 10 but cannot use my touchpad tried elantech and  synaptics  but to no avail 
    what should I do now
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,073 Trailblazer
    Bimpeh said:
    hello pls I am using acer aspire E5-511-C619 with OS win 10 but cannot use my touchpad tried elantech and  synaptics  but to no avail 
    what should I do now

Hi,
    Have you checked whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode in BIOS? If not, go to BIOS settings, move to Main tab and check it, if it's in Basic mode switch to Advanced mode, save settings and exit.

• DHConsult
    DHConsult Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have an acer spin 5 touchpad is not working. Keypad works pen works touch screen works...help
  • punkynaro89
    punkynaro89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2018
    Hello everyone, I have the solution, this video has solved the problem "trivial" mouse that does not work ... finally I go back to sleep because I was going crazy!
    https://youtu.be/rqD3ZHdZkR4

you have to update the bios and look for the "touchpad" and change it from advanced to basic!
  • OKUJET
    OKUJET Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am having the same issue with my mouse pad but it is not working. What is the possible way out for? am tired with using corded mouse. 
    Thanks 
  • 90Ninety
    90Ninety Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2019
    Hello , this issue seems to happen to my Acer V3-111p whenever windows releases a new seasonal update . I presume windows is installing generic I/O drivers automatically , that causes the touch pad not to work . However now I cannot re-install the Acer  I/O drivers on the website  I get a 'reboot pending' error 

I tried using driver booster , that just installs latest driver . Historically installing the older acer win8 IO driver fixed the issue until update . I think Acer need to create a new driver . 

A workaround is to change the Mouse function in bios from Advanced to Basic . However when I use basic  the gestures are not recognised , just pointer and click and right click 

Pretty disappointing really , however I have opened a ticket with Acer - I suggest everyone does the same , so that it is addressed once and for all . 
    Imagine all the acers in landfill because of broken driver support ... Come on Acer!!!!!!
  • Kinking
    Kinking Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I have the same issue, I was updating my driver and installed a chipset driver from Acer website, right after the installation my touchpad began unavailable. 
    Since then I have been trying to get it back but nothing seems to work. 
    What I have done so far: 
    System restore - failed
    System repair - failed
    Reinstall Windows 8.1 - mouse still unavailable 
    Safe mode - mouse unavailable
    Installed a new chipset driver from Acer website - mouse unavailable 
    Reset my BIOS to default, my PC does not have mouse setting in the bios  - still not working
    Can someone please calm my nerve and help me out? 
    Thanks in advance. 

• Kinking
    Kinking Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Kinking said:
    I have the same issue, I was updating my driver and installed a chipset driver from Acer website, right after the installation my touchpad began unavailable. 
    Since then I have been trying to get it back but nothing seems to work. 
    What I have done so far: 
    System restore - failed
    System repair - failed
    Reinstall Windows 8.1 - mouse still unavailable 
    Safe mode - mouse unavailable
    Installed a new chipset driver from Acer website - mouse unavailable 
    Reset my BIOS to default, my PC does not have mouse setting in the bios  - still not working
    Can someone please calm my nerve and help me out? 
    Thanks in advance. 

I have finally solved my " touchpad not working after installing driver" problem
    Follow the link 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/277578/aspire-e15-e5-511-p9y3-touchpad-not-working-on-windows8-1
  • rasLivity
    rasLivity Member Posts: 1 New User

Following a thread from earlier Microsoft forums, this worked for me yesterday to restore trackpad function. Go to the Acer driver page for your computer. Download the intel IO chipset drivers for Windows 8.1. Run the setup for the driver in "compatability mode" and install. You will need to restart the computer. The computer will then recognize the trackpad as a valid device. Then download and install the Synaptics (or Elan) driver for Win 10 from the Acer support page and restart. If the trackpad is not immediatley active on the restart, hit Function F7. At least this fixed it for me.

OMG. Thank you! 

This works with Aspire E15. Touchpad works again with "advanced settings" in BIOS/UEFI.
    BUT, i had just to install the IO chipset drivers for Windows 8.1. I did not need to re-install win10 trackpad drivers.

• VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    rasLivity said:

Following a thread from earlier Microsoft forums, this worked for me yesterday to restore trackpad function. Go to the Acer driver page for your computer. Download the intel IO chipset drivers for Windows 8.1. Run the setup for the driver in "compatability mode" and install. You will need to restart the computer. The computer will then recognize the trackpad as a valid device. Then download and install the Synaptics (or Elan) driver for Win 10 from the Acer support page and restart. If the trackpad is not immediatley active on the restart, hit Function F7. At least this fixed it for me.

OMG. Thank you! 

This works with Aspire E15. Touchpad works again with "advanced settings" in BIOS/UEFI.
    BUT, i had just to install the IO chipset drivers for Windows 8.1. I did not need to re-install win10 trackpad drivers.

Does anyone have any clue as to why installing the IO Chipset drivers for Win8.1 in compatibility mode on a Win10 OS works?  Has Acer done anything to address this?   I myself am currently experiencing the same issue after installing a new MOBO. Basic works, Advanced does not.   I have an ELAN Touchpad, and when in Advanced mode, I get the yellow exclamation point and the device is recognized as an I2C Device ELAN0501 and when in Basic the ID is ACPI\ETD050A, so, IDK what else to do at this point.   I tried older IO Drivers after uninstalling, I tried deleting the upper filters file in regedit,  BIOS is the latest version, so IDK if anything has any other tricks up their sleeve.
  • escapehere42
    escapehere42 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello, I found the solution to this problem on the following page. Maybe it will be useful to friends who call like me. https://www.knowerstech.com/acer-e-series-notebook-windows-10-touchpad-touchpad-not-working-problem-solution/
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks headhunter  B)
  • DLem
    DLem Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire F5-573G, after updating the BIOS to the latest 1.27 version, the touchpad worked again immediately.
    I had previously tried all other methods including : updating touchpad, IO-series drivers (L2C host), uninstalling the touchpad drivers and reinstalling, rebooting and changing in the BIOS from "Advanced->Basic", resolving to allow windows 10 latest updates, and all combinations of sorts. In the end, the BIOS was the problem, although the touchpad stopped working all of a sudden just while browsing. For once, a faulty windows 10 update wasn't the cause. I recommend working with the latest BIOS version, otherwise some glitches might appear all of a sudden as the computer gets older with newer software installed.
  • Magicianboii12
    Magicianboii12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Headhunter06

Your solution worked for me. I went to the driver page, and under operating system, I choose windows 8.1
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5345?b=1

Then I downloaded the IO driver "IO Drivers Must be installed before Chipset driver" as soon as I finished download it, I haven't restart my PC and now it's working. 

Thanks all :), special thanks again to Headhunter06.