Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Keyboard types wrong letters, numbers, symbols, etc...

linscrawflinscrawf Posts: 1Member

I have an Acer Chromebook and recently spilled some water on it.  In my panic, I quickly wiped down the keyboard and all was still well and working.  I noticed then that whenever I tried to type anything, completely different letters or numbers or random symbols would show up.  I'm guessing that as I wiped down the keys and pressed them down at once, it did something to change the keyboard.  And to add to this problem, I can't even sign into my laptop as it's password protected, and I can't type my password in correctly.  Is this something that I can fix myself easily? 

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-CoryAcer-Cory Posts: 1,450Acer Crew

Acer Crew

Hi linscrawf,

Here is an article with 2 ways of performing a powerwash before signing into Chrome. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27649

This should reset the device (removing any unsaved data) and any potential settings or key combo's that you may have it.

It still requires some keystrokes, but they shouldn't also intiate other keystrokes. If they are, or after performing the powerwash you still have this issue it would likely indicate that the liquid spill is affecting the circuity below and multiple keystrokes are being detected.

I hope this helps,
    Cory