VN7-791G Windows 7 drivers

Options
2»

Answers

• John791
    John791 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

@ IronFly

i installed the driver from the link and then change the Bluetooth Device to "Bluetooth USB Module" like it was in Win8.1 before.

After restart i got no yellow sign in my device manager, so i think its all good now. But i can't connect to my Samsung S3 mobile phone. I got a second 791g from my partner, we need both for Master School in Summer.

At this 791 Win8.1 still running :-) i don't wan't to kill 2 new Laptops at the same time ^^ On this Laptop when i switch on BT he finds my mobile phone, but the Win7 doesn't.

@markojelen

i also switch to high performance and conect the power supply ....

What can i do now?

Thanks for your help Guys!!!! Smiley Happy

• John791
    John791 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Hey Guys,

i fixed it Smiley Happy

After a few tries and reinstalling windows i found this driver.

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Qualcomm-Atheros/WLan/AR61x4/Qualcomm-Atheros-61x4-Bluetooth-Drivers-Version-4.0.0.500/

This one is working 100% fine :-)

Thanks for your support!!!!!

Greetings John

• digis007
    digis007 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Hi i buy acer v 17 nitro vn7-791g and if i need download drivers so show me ---Service not available ??? wtf no drivers for windows 7 ?

• armf
    armf Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Did anyone get anywhere with this ridiculous precision touchpad driver? I am about to return the laptop (thank you costco for the best return policy ever).

Truly a disappointment. with 95%+ of the business community using windows 7/NT or earlier (of those running windows) why in the world would you release a laptop without windows 7 support?!   Even 70-80% of non business usage is windows 7/NT or earlier, why limit your market to rougly 20% or less of the market and none of the business market, and even smaller amount of applications? Yeah windows 10 may catch on (it has yet to be seen as a business advantage) but that will be years in the future if at all.

This laptop has fantastic specs and I really hate to give it up. I don't need suggestions on how to run windows 7 applications or VMs, that is simply not an option for my usage (not allowed in our secured business environment without having our proprietary apps loaded on windows 7).

I have gotten everything running but this ridiculous precision touchpad. Yeah you can get the basic right click/left click working but without scrolling and the ability to adjust sensitivity it is a mindblowing failure. If you are typing for any length of time you have to disable the touchpad so it doesn't interfer and jump the cursor every which way and click randomly by accident.