VN7-791G Windows 7 drivers

markojelen
markojelen Member Posts: 8 New User

Where can I find win7 x64 drivers for Aspire VN7-791G ?

If there aren't any, which one can I use?

Answers

• Hi,

May I ask what are the drivers are you looking for, & also have you tried the Win8 drivers in Compatibility mode,.
  • markojelen

I didn't try them in compatibility mode.

Im looking for all drivers; chipset, ethernet, bt, cr, everything ... I know, where to find them for win 8.1, but thats not what I need.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Some drivers are marked for windows 8.1 only, but you can try to download the packages from the Acer website and try to install them, most of the time they will works if they are not 8.1 only.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5615;-;Aspire%20VN7-791G

you can also look at the brand and hardware on the list and search in the manufacterer website if they have some drivers to download

at the end (and only after you tried both ways to find a drivers package) if you still have some yellow exclamation mark present on device manager.....

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • markojelen

I found some drivers on manufactures websites, but not all ..

Scrolling on touchpad is not working, drivers from Acer or Synaptics won't install (Not needed (No device for update present)). Not even uninstalling HID-compliant mouse in device manager does't helps.

Bluetooth installs but after restart its missing. In device manager is "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" with arrow, saying it's disabled. If I enable it, BT appears.

I installed Acer video card drivers and from Nvidia. I got 2 cards listed under "Display adapters" : Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce. In the "Screen resolution" I got under "Display" only 1 option: "Mobile PC Display".

If I uninstall Intels graphic, NVidia's control pannel doesn't work and it's also not showing in "Display"'s.

• markojelen

I was told that having two video cards is normal on some notebooks? They suppose to switch between each other?

About BT:

When I enable "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" in device manager and all the BT devices turn on, then BT start working.

But after restart, all I get in Device manager is "Bluetooth USB Module" with error (yellow triangle).

Hardware id: USB\VID_0489&PID_E076&REV_0001

I used drivers from qualcomm atheros 8.0.1.330

I still didn't figure out anything new about touchpad & scrolling.

Whole left & right side of touchpad are clickable. Is this suppose to do something?

• IronFly

About the 2 VGAs, is correct, they switch automatically.

Atheros BT drivers are correct.

about PCI to USB, have you installed the Intel chipset drivers?

i suggest you to install Acer launch manager to enable the Fn keys functions:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/LaunchManager/LaunchManager_Acer_7.00.3005_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=635497157858685937&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-531&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• crewlist
    crewlist Member Posts: 5 New User

i need help for aspire e5-411 ..i can install driver with windows 7 ultimate 32bit..where can i find the drivers?thx

• markojelen

I have installed chipset drivers from Acer Chipset_Intel_10.0.20_W81x64_A.

I also installed now LaunchManager.

This is the screen shoot after installing BT drivers and reboot: http://jelen.eu/misc/Untitled.jpg

If I enable the controller, BT will work. But after another restart it will be gone again.

• markojelen

I also notice that the right audio drivers are not installed. 791g suppose to have 4 speakers..

And also webcam is missing.

And I still didn't find solution for touchpad and bluetooth.

Seems a lot of people are having issues with touchpads and no one is giving a 100% solutions. ACer should consider rewriting they drivers or check the hardware ..

• MDorado
    MDorado Member Posts: 2 New User

It would be nice if you could send me the drivers' links for windows 7, I bought this laptop for my parents and they can't handle Windows 8.1, also they hate games in Windows 8 (solitaire, etc...) so I need to get these drivers. The laptop also has problems with my WiFi network (only in this computer), maybe the problems fix when installing Windows 7 and changing drivers.

Thank you in advance.

• markojelen

I used program "Driver Genius". It is demo and it won't allow you to download any of the drivers but it will tell you what you need. Just Google for those drivers ...

And one more hint. When installing the drivers change in "Power options" to "High performance". This solved bluetooth installations problems with me..

And I still didn't fixed touchpad. Only normal tapping works, no scrolling or multigesture

• MDorado
    MDorado Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much. The touchpad is not a problem as my parents only use the mouse, even if they used the touchpad, I'm pretty sure they wouldnt use scroll or multigesture Smiley Happy

Have a good day.

• ZooL
    ZooL Member Posts: 10 New User

Hello,

I'm trying to use Windows 7 (64 bits, Ultimate) with my laptop VN7-791G.

I got a big problem with my 2 vga cards INTEL (HD 4600) and NVIDIA (GTX 860M with 4 Mo) : when I only use the battery, windows seems to freeze for long minutes when the desktop is displayed (just after loading of windows), and finally I think the nvidia drivers are not "loaded" (unknowned 3D device) . Near the clock, I don't see the icon indicating the "activity" of my nvidia card (list of processes using this card).

I tried to install the nvidia and intel drivers from ACER (website, windows 8.1).

I also tried to install the last nvidia drivers from NVIDIA but there is still the problem.

It's like if the management of the battery doesn't work with the 2 graphics cards !

I used Windows 8.1 few hours before installing Windows 7 and this problem was not present !

Please help me !

• rediator
    rediator Member Posts: 3 New User

@MDorado I still have not downgraded yet but would like to know if there are issues with the graphics cards after you have installed all drivers.

• ZooL
    ZooL Member Posts: 10 New User

I got problem with my graphic cards after installing their drivers, when I dont use electrical power to start Windows 7.

• orbsplateau
    orbsplateau Member Posts: 9 New User

I'm in the process of installing Win 7 on my VN7-791G. Once I'm done, I'll post a short guide for anyone who'd like to do the same. So far, the drivers re-packaged by Acer as well as the ones provided by the original manufacturer all work in Win 8.1 / Win 7. Acer seems to have gone out of its way though to make sure that apps like Launch Manager only install on Win 8.1.

IronFly,

how did you manage to find a link to version 7 of Launch Manager for Win7?! I was looking all over for this. The best that I was able to do was to find Launch Manager 5.0 by looking at the support page for Acer laptops released in 2012. That version of Launch Manager installs on Win 7 and Win 8.1. 

What's the most recent Acer laptop that's similar to the 791G and yet comes installed with Win 7?

I noticed something else. Once the Intel Graphics Drivers provided by Acer were installed on the system, they could no longer be upgraded using Intel's own more recent drivers. This is why I stuck with Intel and nVidia's original drivers as opposed to using the onces customized by Acer. Video drivers are updated frequently and there's no need to wait around for Acer's release when the ones from Intel and nVidia work perfectly well. 

No issues with the synaptic drivers, but Windows 7 SP1's own drivers work just fine with the touchpad. You'll miss out on some functionallity though by not using Acer's/Synaptic's drivers.

• IronFly

by trials and errors. Smiley Happy

• John791
    John791 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Hi,

i bought a 791g 779 too.
    After 4 days of trying to install Win7 Prof x64 i have no more ideas how i can fix a few problems.

1: Bluetooth not Working (when i install quallcomm atheros driver it says that the driver has no Signature. I use the driver from acer support page)

2: HD Webcam is listend in device manager but i cant Start it with any program. Crystal eye says no camera found

Could anyone tell me the right steps oft installing the system drivers?

I do it in this order
    Chipset
    ATM
    Intel VGA
    Nvidia VGA
    USB3.0
    Broadcom LAN
    Atheros BT/WLAN
    Realtek Audio
    Realtek Card Reader
    Touchpad (no multigesture working ...)

Thanks so far.

Greeting from Bavaria
  • IronFly

Steps are correct.

about BT drivers, try this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/1380/

100% trustable website

• markojelen

I had to switch from "Balanced" mode to "High performance" under Power options in Control Panel for BT to start working.

Stupid solution but that worked for me.