my Acer Switch 10 wont turn ON!

Options
2»

Answers

• rohan0000000000
    rohan0000000000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I was doing a power point presentation I putted it down and go to sleep when i wake up it was not turning on i get the ligjt when i put it on charge. Please help me ...
  • Clod
    Clod Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Bonjour,

the same problem. I have light, the battery is good, what is weird is that i try to start, nothing happen.

I live it there, and the next morning it's on. I have try all button combo, nothing. If I let it there, it's possible it start.

But I don't know when.

If somebody have an idea, you'r welcome

• YoSticker
    YoSticker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I found a workaround, go to "Settings \ Power & Sleep \ Additional Power Settings \ Choose what the power buttons do" and change everywhere from Hibernate to Sleep.

Most probably Hibernate causes this issue. At least it works for me now. 

• Clod
    Clod Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Bonjour,
    finally, I have send it to Acer service and they have replace the main board.
    Now it's like a new one.
    merci.
  • rocksoldier1990
    rocksoldier1990 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello. I have an Acer Aspire Switch One 10 device. It's 8 months old. Two days ago it did it's first hiccup. I shut it down (from power off option from Windows) and it automatically turn on again. Then I did the forced shut down by holding the power button and this fixed the issue. I notice that the power light doesn't work now. No blue when it turns on but works normally when it's plugged on power adapter. Is this something that I can fix it? Any response is appreciated. Thanks in advance 

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi rocksoldier1990,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with unit, you will need to contact your local Acer technical support https://www.acer.com/worldwide for further assistance.  

Acer-Manny

• reneweimar
    reneweimar Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SOLVED:

Same issue: After shutdown blue LED stays on. Switch on is not possible.
    Only pressing power button for 15 seconds makes the LED switch off and allow switch on again.

I solved this by switching off "Turn on fast startup" in Power settings --> Choose what the power buttons do --> Change settings that are currently unavailable --> untick Turn on fast startup (recommended) --> save changes

Switching off now really switches off and the blue LED is off. Switch on also works again.
  • Tommy99
    Tommy99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have got Acer switch 10 I had it from Christmas and one month ago in may I put my tablet on charge I try to switch it on it don't work I try press the volume button up and down with the turn on power button it not work could you help me please
  • calahorn
    calahorn Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Tommy99 said:
    I have got Acer switch 10 I had it from Christmas and one month ago in may I put my tablet on charge I try to switch it on it don't work I try press the volume button up and down with the turn on power button it not work could you help me please
    Got the same problem.  My switch 10 is 3 years old.  At first, when it would go to sleep, it wouldn't come back on with the power button.  So I would hold down power for 10-15 seconds, to hard shut it off, then would press it once quick and it would turn on.  I assumed the issue was a windows 10 issue from a recent update.  Now I noticed I could not turn on my tablet anymore, even with the power button trick.  So I plugged it into the keyboard and shut the lid and opened it again, and the screen turned on.  now I realize the power button, volume buttons, and windows button no longer work.  I guess I'll keep it charged up as much as possible, because the moment it shuts down completely, I will most likely never be able to turn it on again.  Sucks, because I've since lost the snid sticker, and I'm sure Acer won't do anything about it anyways.  Decent little tablet though.  Its really too bad because I'm sure this is a known device issue.