my Acer Switch 10 wont turn ON!

arnoldtagat
arnoldtagat Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

just bought my ACER SWITCH 10 a couple of months ago. Sometimes it freezes, but I don't worry about it. But the worst thing now, just this morning, I can't turn it ON... what can I do with it, or how can I do the "switching on" manually? Any idea... Thanks

Best Answer

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

1. Do you get any Light indicators, when trying to power on, or when the charger is connected,.
    If you get any light indicator when charger is conencted, the Unit needs to be checked a service tech, if you dont see any light indicator for the charging, try using a different charger if it helps,. & post your feedback here,.

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

1. Do you get any Light indicators, when trying to power on, or when the charger is connected,.
    If you get any light indicator when charger is conencted, the Unit needs to be checked a service tech, if you dont see any light indicator for the charging, try using a different charger if it helps,. & post your feedback here,.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Try to boot pressing power button + volume down
    It will boot on bios, so you can exit and boot to windows.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • arnoldtagat

thanks a lot sir,

i just tried doing it before your post, as i always do with my windows 8.1 phone... experimentation did help...

sorry, late posting that i'd got it solved.

but your reply can help a lot to others, with the same concern.

• arnoldtagat

an orange led light indicator is on....

thanks for the advice... gladly appreciated...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    You welcome.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RickGeo
    RickGeo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi - I am new to this forum.  My Swicth 10 is about 1 week old and I could not turn it on. Put it on charge for 2 hrs.  Then I tried holding the power button down for 40 secs and the re-switched on.  Success.

Is this likely to be a standard problem?

Also, the charger gets very warm - is this standard?

• arnoldtagat

probably...

i dont know exactly why Acer doesnt consider this...

it is the "usual" problem. sometimes, i have to pull my charger out because of that reason-----im afraid its gonna explode!

and one thing, dont leave your computer alone while charging...it might fire your whole room.

the problem with this technology is that you cannot determine what REALLY is the problem.... i had my Switch for about 3-4 months, but ya know, i had it refreshed  to its company's default and erased everything--- for 4 times already. reasons? HANG, FREEZED, SLOW, SLEEP-WAKE PROBS....CHARGER-HEATED UP SO EASILY...AND TOUCH PROBLEMS.

ANNOYING, so to speak.

• arnoldtagat

....if it still freeze, just be little patient waiting to see your screen alive... as long as you can see the led light on, it is still able....

and try to see your STARTUP PROGS.. some programs may drag your startup ops. and that will give you an awesome-slow-tempering-startup!

one more thing, make sure that before you turn your computer OFF, close all programs. it has the tendency to slowdown your lappy on turning it ON the next time.

and i dont why also i always have created a RESTORE POINT, but if you will try to refresh it to a certain saved restore point, it will say NO RESTORE POINT FOUND... amazing, right? hehehehe

• RickGeo
    RickGeo Member Posts: 2 New User

It's a bit of a concern if you can't leave your charger on - seriously considering returning it.  Pity I have wasted so much time setting it up!

Can someone from acer advise if a hot charger is perfectly normal?

R

• ironman_gene
    ironman_gene Member Posts: 8 New User

just like to share my experience about the adapter, mine gets war too, but worse, it did not last a year, where the cable broke. Had to buy a new one, with a replacement through the net.  Btw, I think the cable connector has nothing to do with the adapter getting warm, just sharing that I think the factory adapter that was bundled with the unit is not that durable.  

I figured it was the cable because in the end I cut the plug and measured if there was a 12 volt coming out from the wires and there is still 12 volts.  Ended up buyong a new adapter though for safety sake, my new one does not get that warm plus it has a longer cable !

• CatLover1
    CatLover1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you! This worked for me, but I'm wondering if this is going to be an on-going problem?  Is Acer aware of this, as I see others have the same problem? 

• jashleynewman
    jashleynewman Member Posts: 1 New User

My aspire switch 10 would not wake up when it had gone to sleep on its own or when the lid was closed while it was running. If I switched off the computer properly I never had the problem. The solution was figured by looking at the Acer community for clues. The workaround is simple:

1. Press and hold down the power for 30 seconds or so (less time might work too), so that it is shut down.

2.  Press and release the start button...a normal startup. This works for me.

• arnoldtagat

...THAT is why i never set my Acer to sleep because it will turn out to be its nightmare!!! :-)

When plugged, i let it awake for 3 hrs, on batt for 1 hr....just to make sure it is  "not sleeping".

this kinda a funny stuff, yet just to avoid "freezing" and whatsoever, when lid closed, set to nothing happens...hehehe.

sometimes, it is better to set maintenance task during your "off-work times"....it will surely dragged you down if it's working during your busy-hours.

but anyway, i like this Acer thing...especially that i have a windowsphone, they are certainly best partners especially in presentation, records, etc, --- office thing. helpful though.

• Justiiiinnnn
    Justiiiinnnn Member Posts: 1 New User

I am facing the exact same problem too! I seriously think this is a manufacturing defect. I am sending this otherwise magnificent tablet in for repairs for the second time. 

The battery also haphazardly discharges, which worries me to no end because I'm afraid for my safety! 

• sausagemahoney
    sausagemahoney Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with mine. First it started freezing, then it wouldnt start without resetting it, now it wont start at all and when I plug it in there isnt a light indication. I thought maybe the charger was bad so I spent $30 on a new. I just got it in the mail and it doesnt work either. I bought mine as a refurb from newegg.com and a few days after the 90 day warranty it stopped working. Any ideas anyone please? I really need this working as my 6.5 year old acer aspire one just died too. Thanks!

• surfershot
    surfershot Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, this worked for me. Held the power button down for 30 sec, waited for about 3 seconds then tapped the power button again. 

• braykim97
    braykim97 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey just want to ask you somthing about my Acer Aspire Switch 10 its a 2 in 1 and it will not power on or charge their is no light the shows its chargeing i did drop it and it was still i went to set it down and went back and it was off i tried to turn it on and nothing so if you can helo plase email me at *** with a solition thanks 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• toanton
    toanton Member Posts: 2 New User

sould be send acer company replace new battery 

• goose38
    goose38 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have tried every possible solution on here, nothing works. I was getting no charge, with NO LED light on my power button even when plugged in. Took computer to BestBuy, they checked it and told me it was the charger, not the port. I purchased a new charger, now my LED light is working, but it just flashes rapidly from red to blue and will not turn on, even with all the tricks listed below.

• hxdexe
    hxdexe Member Posts: 1 New User

the same problem , it wont turn on , its been a year .