PC for Photoshop

Pippa
Pippa Member Posts: 1 New User

Can anyone advise on what desk/laptop I should consider for use with Photoshop CS5? I'm an amateur photographer and need something with speed and storage capacity when editing my pics.  I'd like to keep it below $2000 if possible.  Clearly, I have no knowledge of what computers are out there now that would suit my needs without too many unnecessary bells and whistles that I will not use.  Thanks, Pippa

Comments

• Tom_Y2K4
    Tom_Y2K4 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

Granted i'm not an established member but i bought a laptop for photo editing myself so will comment Smiley Happy

I've recently bought as follows:-

http://community.acer.com/t5/Welcome-Forum/UK-Newbie-with-imported-V5-561PG-9683/td-p/256666/jump-to/first-unread-message

I imported it from the US to the UK as the spec is pretty awesome for the money and ticks all my boxes Smiley Happy

I'm sure there are others that will suggest different but hope it gives you a good benchmark Smiley Happy

• chloe232
    chloe232 Member Posts: 4 New User
    This is from Adobe
    Photoshop CS5 system requirements
    Windows
    • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
    • Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 7
    • 1 GB of RAM
    • 1 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
    • 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics adapter, 16-bit color, and 256 MB of VRAM
    • Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features
    • Broadband Internet connection required for online services*