This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

x183H Monitor; Flashing Amber Light/No Picture

XaxxonXaxxon Member Posts: 2

I have an out of warranty x183H monitor, running on Windows XP, and have been experiencing issues getting it to 'warm up' and convey a picture. Usually, when turning on my monitor, the LED will flash an amber light for a couple of seconds, the ACER logo will show on the screen and picture will result after the LED turns blue.  

Over the last few weeks, it's taken longer and longer for the flashing amber light to turn blue and get a resulting picture.  This has increased in range from a few seconds to over an hour.  This occurs whenever power is turned off or I go into standby.  I kept the monitor on for a week or so, but needed to reboot for some updates and went the monitor went through the power cycle, I received the flashing amber light again.  Instead of turning blue after a time, the LED will go completely, then return to flashing after a while.  No picture results.

I've swapped out to a different monitor (using the same cables) and have no issue gaining a picture or any of the other problems I mentioned.  Any thoughts on what might be the issue?  Thanks.

Best Answer

• ThV5kThV5k Member Posts: 327
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the out of warranty monitor not working anymore and not posting pictures.  You did already do the troubleshooting with another monitor and realized there is no problem with another monitor so you can exclude a computer issue.

Seems like indeed the monitor is the culprit.  Out of warranty monitors are not repaired and it might be time to purchase another monitoror you could check with a local tech store to see if they can fix unit.

You do not mention if we deal with vga or dvi port. You may want as another troubleshooting check if this may be a port issue.

Good day 

FAQ & Answers

• ThV5kThV5k Member Posts: 327
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the out of warranty monitor not working anymore and not posting pictures.  You did already do the troubleshooting with another monitor and realized there is no problem with another monitor so you can exclude a computer issue.

Seems like indeed the monitor is the culprit.  Out of warranty monitors are not repaired and it might be time to purchase another monitoror you could check with a local tech store to see if they can fix unit.

You do not mention if we deal with vga or dvi port. You may want as another troubleshooting check if this may be a port issue.

Good day 

• XaxxonXaxxon Member Posts: 2

I'm using VGA.  I'd pretty much come to the same conclusion after digging around a little and it doesn't really seem worth it having it repaired.  New monitor it is.

Thanks for the response.

• justjeffjustjeff Member Posts: 4

The DVI issue seems to be a known issue with Acer, google it.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online2.7K

ajax97
ajax97
AnhEZ28
AnhEZ28
DrewS
DrewS
Garrus_BR
Garrus_BR
Greitjie
Greitjie
Groovezzz
Groovezzz
johngilbert2000
johngilbert2000
krzkomp
krzkomp
leamarelo
leamarelo
legion001
legion001
Leostat
Leostat
Mayank05
Mayank05
NorbertPons
NorbertPons
NothingToDoHere
NothingToDoHere
PavloTertychnyi
PavloTertychnyi
Saarwolf
Saarwolf
sramp
sramp
tdavid95
tdavid95
Todd_J
Todd_J
VikrantKhobra
VikrantKhobra
xapim
xapim
+2.7K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1533

Total Points:4732

Total Accepted Answers: 178

Leostat Community Aficionado