x183H Monitor; Flashing Amber Light/No Picture

Xaxxon
Xaxxon Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an out of warranty x183H monitor, running on Windows XP, and have been experiencing issues getting it to 'warm up' and convey a picture. Usually, when turning on my monitor, the LED will flash an amber light for a couple of seconds, the ACER logo will show on the screen and picture will result after the LED turns blue.  

Over the last few weeks, it's taken longer and longer for the flashing amber light to turn blue and get a resulting picture.  This has increased in range from a few seconds to over an hour.  This occurs whenever power is turned off or I go into standby.  I kept the monitor on for a week or so, but needed to reboot for some updates and went the monitor went through the power cycle, I received the flashing amber light again.  Instead of turning blue after a time, the LED will go completely, then return to flashing after a while.  No picture results.

I've swapped out to a different monitor (using the same cables) and have no issue gaining a picture or any of the other problems I mentioned.  Any thoughts on what might be the issue?  Thanks.

Best Answer

• ThV5k
    ThV5k Member Posts: 327

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the out of warranty monitor not working anymore and not posting pictures.  You did already do the troubleshooting with another monitor and realized there is no problem with another monitor so you can exclude a computer issue.

Seems like indeed the monitor is the culprit.  Out of warranty monitors are not repaired and it might be time to purchase another monitoror you could check with a local tech store to see if they can fix unit.

You do not mention if we deal with vga or dvi port. You may want as another troubleshooting check if this may be a port issue.

Good day 

Answers

• ThV5k
    ThV5k Member Posts: 327

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the out of warranty monitor not working anymore and not posting pictures.  You did already do the troubleshooting with another monitor and realized there is no problem with another monitor so you can exclude a computer issue.

Seems like indeed the monitor is the culprit.  Out of warranty monitors are not repaired and it might be time to purchase another monitoror you could check with a local tech store to see if they can fix unit.

You do not mention if we deal with vga or dvi port. You may want as another troubleshooting check if this may be a port issue.

Good day 

• Xaxxon
    Xaxxon Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm using VGA.  I'd pretty much come to the same conclusion after digging around a little and it doesn't really seem worth it having it repaired.  New monitor it is.

Thanks for the response.

• justjeff
    justjeff Member Posts: 4 New User

The DVI issue seems to be a known issue with Acer, google it.

This discussion has been closed.