2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
kenji101

Windows 8, Wifi connection limited every 5-10mins. new ASPIRE V5-471p touch.

[ Edited ]

Windows 8, Wifi connection limited every 5-10mins. I brought a brand new ASPIRE V5-471p touch. 

Before I report this to store i brought, i tried searching and found out alot of people having this problem, so i'm assuming this is software/OS/ driver problem. Kindly give me a permanent advice before I report this to store, which I doubt they know how to fix.

PS: please give me a permanent solution soon as possible as I have work online need a stable connection.

Sincelery,

[edited for privacy]

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Windows 8, Wifi connection limited every 5-10mins. new ASPIRE V5-471p touch.

Update your Atheros wireless driver to 10.0.0.217 which should be available on the V5-471 drivers.

Uninstall first, then install the new driver. 

Please let us know how this works for you.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
simba

Re: Windows 8, Wifi connection limited every 5-10mins. new ASPIRE V5-471p touch.

I bought a new Acer V5 471P 5 days ago and I have the same problem. I installed the Live Updater application and it showed only a intel vga driver as an update and did not include the Atheros 10.0.0.217 WLAN driver. I searched the acer site for the driver and found this driver under a different laptop model. Before i uninstall the driver and install the new version which i found for a different model, I wanted to post here just to be sure. I am not sure if this new driver will work.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

The V5-471 series should have the .217 driver listed. 

I will report to the appropriate people to have the P versions corrected with that driver.

It should work just fine for you.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
juandon

I bought this V5 471PG last weekend, all week Ive been blaming the Missus and her galaxy tab for cutting off my wifi

The new driver appears to have worked. its been continuous for a good half hour now.

Why did it tell me on network driver update that the previous one (909) was the best driver for this laptop ?

It would also be nice if Acer got off their hands and actually got the stores to advise their customers about this common problem, although i do see how that could backfire.

Also, where the keypad sits in this laptop, its not flush at the top right, and i cant click it in,it pops back up.

I wonder if others have that problem ?

Apart from that, quite happy with it

Frequent Visitor
kokmin

I also have the same problem. My current version that come with the notebook is 10.0.0.209. Where and how do I install the new .217 version?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Please read this:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Community-KB/Where-can-I-find-information-about-my-Acer-Product/ta-p/37...

Frequent Visitor
jlozano

Hello

Good night

I own an Acer Aspire V5-471 with the Atheros Wifi Chipset, after I have updated the driver to .217 version , the issue continues. I usually work in Google drive, so everytime, each 5 minutes the connection drops. As well as people who bought this laptop I want this to be fixed, or I will return this model laptop because its annoying.

Help us please

Contributing Member
dracore

Everyone check out this thread:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Ultrabooks/Aspire-S7-391-Wifi-problems/m-p/7575#U7575

Basically the main thread for all wifi connection limited issues on S7, V3, V5

So far the consensus is when you have the following drivers:

217 - does not solve the problem

217v3 - does not solve the problem

222 - does not solve the problem

Contributing Member
stowellt

Since going to v222 and powersaving mode off I have not had a single drop.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: