Aspire V5 531/571 wi-fi problems

Wilmar
Wilmar Member Posts: 7 New User

I have not been able to run the wifi in my notebook. It is new 

What is the solution?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

What operating system are you running? Make sure the wireless card is enabled by pressing FN + F3. Does your computer see any wireless networks?

• Wilmar

windows 8 !!!the system detects wi-fi but fails to connect. May be driver issue?

• suniljp
    suniljp Member Posts: 166 Troubleshooter

Open device manager locate network adapters select the wireless driver then right click and uninstall and restart the computer. Check if you are able to connect this time

• Wilmar

uninstall the wirelles driver, the ultrabook longer detects the Wireless.

What is the solution?

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Did you download and install the latest driver? You can always try recovery using instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869.

• Wilmar

I have the driver AR5BWB222 Qualcom Atheros Wireless Network Adapter
    Version 10.0.0.209 is the latest?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 4 New User

hi,

have you try this driver WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.217.v3_Win8x64, 

i have tried this driver and wifi and bluetooth driver on device manager succesfull installed

but only bluetooth can on, and wifi still can turn off,

if you have any idea please reply this message

• PeteranDi
    PeteranDi Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Orion, I reached the same point as you where Bluetooth was working great for the first time for me, but Wi-If would not switch on.  I took the following action and Wi-If is now working.  The down side is that I Bluetooth is now inactive but I will leave that for when I get bored sometime in the future.

Using revo-uninstaller pro (need pro for any 64bit software) 30 day trial, I removed all Acer software and all Qualcomm software from my computer.

Using uniblue drive scanner I updated all drivers except chipset (still at v1020) restarted and hey presto Wi-If is working with driver version 217, but I repeat no Bluetooth.

• PeteranDi
    PeteranDi Member Posts: 2 New User

Stop press, Bluetooth has sprung to life, looks like Microsoft Drivers have installed themselves automatically.

This discussion has been closed.