Aspire VN7-592G : warranty and HDD replacement

Options
muz94
muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi, 

is it possible to open this laptop to replace the HDD with an SSD, or it would void the warranty?

Thank you

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

As the response is different according to the countries, you should ask this question to your Acer support by chat, by phone or using the form.

France
  • portboy
    portboy Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

There will no loose of warranty. You don’t must replace the HDD. You can simply add an SSD.

You will find enough Videos with how to open.

• laurent_14
    Options

Be careful it's different according to the countries. In France, you can't replace/add anything during 2 years.Smiley Frustrated

France
  • portboy
    Options

OMG, 2 years Cat Mad

In Germay not. They just told me: be careful Smiley Happy

portboy

• laurent_14
    Options

I like their response: Be careful.Smiley Very Happy

France
  • muz94
    muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options
    I know that there is a free slot, but as soon as sad prices lower a little bit more I would like to remove the old slow, hot and noisy HDD and put in a 500GB SSD, I lived with 500 gb for years, I don't need 1000GB, I have an external drive for that.
    Thank you for the answers, I will ask to Acer via chat, but I live in Italy and I think that laws are really similar to the ones you have in Germany.
    however I bought and additional warranty, and that could cover it because it is provided by an external insurance company, I should check
  • portboy
    Options

Hmmm, bu there is no need for replace ... so you can use the slow HDD for backup and slow programms.

I put this HDD in: Samsung MZ-N5E250BW 850 EVO SSD 250GB

The old HDD is still in the notebook and usefull for mass strorage.

portboy