Aspire VN7-592G : warranty and HDD replacement

muz94
muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi, 

is it possible to open this laptop to replace the HDD with an SSD, or it would void the warranty?

Thank you

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,048 Trailblazer

Hello,

As the response is different according to the countries, you should ask this question to your Acer support by chat, by phone or using the form.

France
  • portboy
    portboy Member Posts: 15 New User

There will no loose of warranty. You don’t must replace the HDD. You can simply add an SSD.

You will find enough Videos with how to open.

• laurent_14

Be careful it's different according to the countries. In France, you can't replace/add anything during 2 years.Smiley Frustrated

France
  • portboy

OMG, 2 years Cat Mad

In Germay not. They just told me: be careful Smiley Happy

portboy

• laurent_14

I like their response: Be careful.Smiley Very Happy

France
  • muz94
    muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User
    I know that there is a free slot, but as soon as sad prices lower a little bit more I would like to remove the old slow, hot and noisy HDD and put in a 500GB SSD, I lived with 500 gb for years, I don't need 1000GB, I have an external drive for that.
    Thank you for the answers, I will ask to Acer via chat, but I live in Italy and I think that laws are really similar to the ones you have in Germany.
    however I bought and additional warranty, and that could cover it because it is provided by an external insurance company, I should check
  • portboy

Hmmm, bu there is no need for replace ... so you can use the slow HDD for backup and slow programms.

I put this HDD in: Samsung MZ-N5E250BW 850 EVO SSD 250GB

The old HDD is still in the notebook and usefull for mass strorage.

portboy