aspire switch 10 sound problem

Options
moured
moured Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

hello everyone , i am having problem with my aspire switch 10 sound , there is red cross on the sound icon . 

and i tried many times to do factory reset and instal the updates again  it's still the same problem.

it suddenly stopped working. please  help , thanks.

Best Answer

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is what worked after some trial and error.  Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

Answers

• hgmartin9
    Options

I have the same issue after windows update yesterday. I have tried the usual troubleshooting, drivers  etc. I am researching and will post back if I find a fix.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Try bringing up the properties of your sound in Device Manager and roll back the driver to the previous version.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • moured
    Options

i can't roll back both drivers ..

i have in drivers these two :- intel SST audio device , relatek i2s audio codec 

• moured
    Options

yes please if you find anything tell me 

• hgmartin9
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is what worked after some trial and error.  Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device_6,  uninstall it. Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.

• moured
    Options

it works , i went to acer driver downalods as you said and i downaloed  the package , reinstaled , then restart . 

thanks for helping.

• loboris
    loboris Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for the great finding!

It is not necessary to download and install any driver if you had working sound before update.

• Jhonnycash
    Jhonnycash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    HI ! I tried a lot, but it was only one perfect to me try the following pack Platform Drivers_Intel_10.18.10.3993_W81x86_A
  • Jhonnycash
    Jhonnycash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
  • renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,

My opinion for Windows 10:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/620809#Comment_620809

Try it if you like.

Thanks.