Dvd+/-RW drive Aspire XC-230

jccymru
jccymru Member Posts: 5 New User
editado março 2021 em Desktops
Bought my Acer Aspire X including a dvd+/-RW but there is no software for it. contacted you a couple oftimes by mail but nor response. Contacted the seller they told me not their problem, download online which i could/can not manage to do so. Thanks for your help

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Melhor resposta

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    No software is needed to use a DVD drive in Windows to read and write data. It sounds like your issue isn't software, but that the drive doesn't show up at all. There are several things that could be wrong... The data cable to the drive could be disconnected, the power cable to the drive could be disconnected, the drive itself could be bad. Even if you are in warranty you can check the first two of those pretty easily before sending it for repair. Just open it up and look. There should be two cables connected to the back of the ODD, both from the motherboard and both should be connected at both ends. If one isn't seated fully, just plug it in then put the system back together and test. If the cables are fully seated at both ends then it's time to either swap the unit with your vendor (if it's not too old) or contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Respostas

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @jccymru
    May i have the model number of the computer
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Example: Aspire XC-875
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jccymru
    Hi there, thanks for your reply. I have a Acer Aspire XC-230
  • Are you looking for some recording software? Example NERO?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jccymru
    the drive is thee but no software
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It depends what you want to use it for , if you want to just use it as a basic storage medium windows should be able to write to it and master DVD's without a third part peice of software. If you want to burm media Things Like Nero or Power2Go could do that for you :)
  • jccymru
    there is no software, is not even in drivers. so can't even open the drive.
  • Leostat
    Ahh, so is it not showing at all?
  • jccymru
    no . no software ar all. 
  • Leostat
    Ah got ya! So even if it hasnt been detected in the OS if you hit the Open / Close button on the drive it should open and close, does it not? If so it may be a loose connector on the inside of the PC
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    No software is needed to use a DVD drive in Windows to read and write data. It sounds like your issue isn't software, but that the drive doesn't show up at all. There are several things that could be wrong... The data cable to the drive could be disconnected, the power cable to the drive could be disconnected, the drive itself could be bad. Even if you are in warranty you can check the first two of those pretty easily before sending it for repair. Just open it up and look. There should be two cables connected to the back of the ODD, both from the motherboard and both should be connected at both ends. If one isn't seated fully, just plug it in then put the system back together and test. If the cables are fully seated at both ends then it's time to either swap the unit with your vendor (if it's not too old) or contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • the dvd drive is also not showing up in device manager and disc management?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer