G3-572-74MX - Predator Helios 300 heat issues

Options
tiagobarroso5151
tiagobarroso5151 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought a Predator Hélios 300 and overall everything works fine. However when I play heavier games such as Fortnite, Tomb Raider, Battlefield etc... I have to always have the fans plugged in at most and even then the computer reaches temperatures of 88 º 90 º, up to a maximum of 95 º, until the keyboard is very hot. Is this normal? If not, what can I do?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Have you checked out videos from colleague @Red-Sand on youtube?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    I dont want to  Touch in anything related to open pc and modify internal things, i bought a cooler but even só Assassin's cred origins reaches 95°
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked videos about undervolting? This temperature is high!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    i did but i dont want to do it by myself and a guy told me it decreases ure pc performance right now im playing shakes and fidget with a cooler and fans at 4500rpm and it is at 81º shakes e fidget its a browser game!! not even download.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    the model is G3-572-74MX Predator Helios 300
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you confirm the temperature with hwmonitor? Also, have you checked the videos?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    i saw some vídeos but i have predator sense it can check the temperature. i dont wanna do nothing related to disasemble the pc parts or open it because i may brake something and then warranty doesnt cover it. only if it was na xpert about pc
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Undervolting, have you tried?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    no becasue the guy from the shop told me it decreases the pc performance

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, it may slightly slow down performance. But in compensation it will help reduce the temperature! You also have the option to buy a better quality thermal paste and then ask acer technical support if they will apply this new thermal paste if you choose to send the notebook along with the new thermal paste and also ask them to check overheating!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dranzer97
    Dranzer97 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Even i am facing the same issue. I have helios 300 i7-8750H. I mostly play CS:GO and I have a lot of frame drops. The cpu temperature reaches 97 to 100. I tried undervolting but there seem to be no difference.
  • tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    Thats the problem i dont wanna do undervolting because this is why i got a gaming laptop bcs i want good quality no senae on reducing it. The thernal paste the guy from store told me it was risky for them to do bcs of it touches motherboard pc will fry. Maybe if i ask acer. Dranzer97 ye i have same problema mine doesnt reaxh 97 100 but mine are high aswell, i dont know if it's because of the pc itself or if all gaming PCs have this problem i know they get hot but im almost sure that this isnt normal
  • OGMike
    OGMike Member Posts: 123 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I would undervolt, I’ve undervolted both my predators and I usually bring the temps down to a max of 85 when gaming, and at idle I’ve seen the temps in the 30’s, undervolting can be risky but it’s very simple, I watched a few YouTube videos and just copied their settings. Also re applying thermal paste is another good option, it’s something that both of mine need done on.
  • rannuel07
    rannuel07 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I got the exact same problem too. Just bought this helios 300 6 days ago. Tried to do some gaming with PES 2019 and Assassins Creed Odyssey, then it turned up to 97 °C, even 98 after longer playing time. I have tried to undervolt using intel xtu, but nothing changed. Please help 😢
    Its hard to ask the cs here since its eid here right now. My model number is PH315-51
  • Dranzer97

Tinkerer

Options
    I doubt that there is thermal paste issue. Its only been 2 weeks since i purchased this laptop. But still contacted acer support, they said they will be sending a technician to my place. On asking what they might do, he said that technician might re apply the thermal paste. Undervolting doesnt seem to work for me.
  • tiagobarroso5151
    Options
    Ye that might be the best thing to do i just cant understand what happens for temperaturas to go só high
  • Dranzer97

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    Options
    Please let me know if your issue gets resolved.
  • Dranzer97

Tinkerer

Options
    I reapplied the thermal paste.. now throttling is much less.
    In XTU the package temperature did not cross 85°.
    Acer did a pretty bad job while applying thermal paste. I recommend you to reapply it.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    Options
    no becasue the guy from the shop told me it decreases the pc performance

@tiagobarroso5151 the guy from the shop is a moron :p he doesnt have any clue of what hes talking about as always they just want to sell sell sell so again optimize windows properly/undervolt (with TS)/repaste (with kryonaut or similar check your warranty u might void it if you do it yourself by breaching any warranty stickers/seals in some countries you dont have them so you can open it yourself and do whatever you want) thats the solution to all your issues

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/