Windows 11 Experience on Acer Helios 300 Ph315-52

Options
Aathif_Mahir
Aathif_Mahir Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2021 in Windows 11
Hi Folks,

as far as Windows Developer and Early Adopter, I installed Windows 11 on My Helios 300 PH315-52 and faced some issues regarding to Predator Sense and Stock Undervolt.

at first everything seems fine after installing windows 11, system ran somewhat smoothly and then I noticed issue with thermals ramping up to 95 degree. After that only i thought there’s something wrong with drivers, i started analyzing the issue regards to Predator Sense and Intel XTU, Seems like issue is related to Predator Sense 3.00.3136 uses old version intel xtu for it’s core undervolt and that causes the higher temps,

what i did is tried upgrading to xtu to latest version where it supports windows 11 but that didn’t fixed the issue, it seems like we need to have proper upgrade to predator sense to fix this issue, therefore anyone planning to install windows 11. Please don’t install yet until we have newer version of Predator sense that supports windows 11

Answers

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Folks,

as far as Windows Developer and Early Adopter, I installed Windows 11 on My Helios 300 PH315-52 and faced some issues regarding to Predator Sense and Stock Undervolt.

at first everything seems fine after installing windows 11, system ran somewhat smoothly and then I noticed issue with thermals ramping up to 95 degree. After that only i thought there’s something wrong with drivers, i started analyzing the issue regards to Predator Sense and Intel XTU, Seems like issue is related to Predator Sense 3.00.3136 uses old version intel xtu for it’s core undervolt and that causes the higher temps,

what i did is tried upgrading to xtu to latest version where it supports windows 11 but that didn’t fixed the issue, it seems like we need to have proper upgrade to predator sense to fix this issue, therefore anyone planning to install windows 11. Please don’t install yet until we have newer version of Predator sense that supports windows 11
    Hello,

I will try to install it on my Helios 700 PH717-72 and will report my experience.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    @Hell_J Sure, I’d be interested know your experience with Windows 11
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I also have the ph315-52 model. At first, I also noticed that the keyboard was very warm after installing windows 11. I suggest you try installing version 3158 of predator sense. I have the latest zipped version on google driver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Windows 11 is not by any means a finished product and you should expect MANY things on your laptop to not run as expected per the install notes from Microsoft. Please make a full backup of your boot drive because you won't be happy with the developer's install that is available on your new machine. There will be no support from Microsoft or Acer if you have problems with your Acer product.  This is nothing like a beta version Apple release for an iPhone that will run fairly well on new iPhones.
  • invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I also have the ph315-52 model. At first, I also noticed that the keyboard was very warm after installing windows 11. I suggest you try installing version 3158 of predator sense. I have the latest zipped version on google driver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94
    but for ph315-52 drivers shows v3136 latest.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't have any issues running Windows11 with Windows 10 drivers, so far nothing has been broken, I may have been a bit lucky with my upgrade.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    I don't have any issues running Windows11 with Windows 10 drivers, so far nothing has been broken, I may have been a bit lucky with my upgrade.
    What about your default undervolt? does it stay the same? i also didn't had any other issues but only issue is default undervolt
  • brummyfan2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    What about your default undervolt? does it stay the same? i also didn't had any other issues but only issue is default undervolt
    Yes, it's fine and working as normal, I have to mention that I have upgraded from Windows 10 Insider build to Windows11 Insider build.

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    Yes, it's fine and working as normal, I have to mention that I have upgraded from Windows 10 Insider build to Windows11 Insider build.

your undervolt retained because your using throttle stop, not XTU. since Predator Sense is using XTU for Stock Undervolt we need to have updated version of Predator Sense that has latest XTU and Firmware to Work fine on Windows 11
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    @Aathif_Mahir The drivers and other updates are not available at the moment because Windows11 hasn't been released for public, it may happen at the end of the year or early next year, so we may have to wait for the drivers and updates a bit longer.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    @Aathif_Mahir The drivers and other updates are not available at the moment because Windows11 hasn't been released for public, it may happen at the end of the year or early next year, so we may have to wait for the drivers and updates a bit longer.
    Latest XTU Already Supports Windows 11, this issue happens because didn't updated the Predator Sense Since the Launch of Acer Helios 300 PH315-52
  • dhruv2k3
    dhruv2k3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Folks,

help me please, when i downloaded w11 beta update it installed and then asked me to restart and then it installed while restarting but after it reached 100% it restarted again and got stuck on predator screen and i waited more than an hour but nothing happened then i tried turning it off by holding power button and starting it and it booted with windows 10. i even did reset my windows and updated my bios and tried installing w11 beta again but the same thing happened again and my laptop booted with windows 10

• Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    dhruv2k3 said:
    Hi Folks,

help me please, when i downloaded w11 beta update it installed and then asked me to restart and then it installed while restarting but after it reached 100% it restarted again and got stuck on predator screen and i waited more than an hour but nothing happened then i tried turning it off by holding power button and starting it and it booted with windows 10. i even did reset my windows and updated my bios and tried installing w11 beta again but the same thing happened again and my laptop booted with windows 10

Hi,

Seems like you have issue on installing Windows 11, Here's how to fix the issue.

Enroll for Release Preview Channel on Windows 10 and Update to Latest Commulative version of Windows 10 including security updates and driver updates, etc..

After Finish installing all the updates, Then Switch to Beta or Dev Channel install the windows 11
  • Storm_shadow
    Storm_shadow Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Options
    I noticed the same problem: high temperatures. In windows 10 they were perfect under 62 degreees but after upgrating to windows 11 system temperatures rises until 83 degrees but i have to say before undervolting in win 10 the laptop felt heat but when i controled that undervolting it of course felt no heting...what i mean is in win11 i dont feel heat but predator sense shows high temperatures ....i think it just need a software upgrade. But i dont think it is really getting very high temperatures. at least it works like that in my laptop, because i use other programs to monitoring temperatures and none of temperatures are really high....I would like somedy tell me what "System" means in p´redator sense because using HWmonitor i didnt found any component with the his temperature that predator sense shows----.... Also predator sense stops frecuently, firefox too.
  • Ryan717
    Ryan717 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    I installed when it was in Windows update... it was working fine for this last month until today's updates.  Now Predator Sense (which is much needed for basic hardware functionality such as keyboard lighting and fans) Has stopped working and there is zero new updates to fix this?  anyone else having this issue? 
  • ankitdanu
    ankitdanu Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Guys i got the update for windows 11 on my Predator PH315-52 should i update it?Is it good for gaming? Please answer 
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Options
    ankitdanu said:
    Guys i got the update for windows 11 on my Predator PH315-52 should i update it?Is it good for gaming? Please answer 
    I guess, it's better to Wait Until Acer Releases New Update to Predator Sense and Fixes the Default Undervolt turns to 0mv from -125mv, in that case you'd encounter High Temps and Thermal Throttling Issues on Windows 11.

By the way try approaching your region Specific Acer Support and Let them know the issue that we are facing with Predator Sense and Windows 11, Below you can find link to the issue with Windows 11 on PH315-52

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/650404/in-windows-11-predatorsenses-helios-300-2019-ph315-52#latest